Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Mystery Solved!!! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=986302)

jppe 12-19-14 02:33 PM

Mystery Solved!!!

1 Attachment(s)
I could not figure why my weight was not decreasing. I have increased my time on the bike lately and even rode two centuries this week. I also played a couple rounds of golf and did several calorie burning projects around the house. As I was walking through the kitchen I spotted this..........I guess that explains it!!!! It's hard to tell in the picture but that thing is 16" across.......& getting smaller.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=423829

Floyd 12-19-14 02:37 PM

amazing what a few ''''calories'''' can do...

rubic 12-19-14 05:49 PM

'Tis that time of year.

OldsCOOL 12-19-14 06:02 PM

January 1 cometh.

Jinkster 12-19-14 06:10 PM

Pecan Pie should come prepackaged with 100 units of insulin and a gram of crystal meth. :roflmao2:

and a Prozac for when you get down too that last slice! :lol:

Bikey Mikey 12-19-14 06:28 PM

I won't even look at Pecan Pie as I am diabetic.

GravelMN 12-19-14 07:05 PM

But nuts are good for you :thumb:

OldsCOOL 12-19-14 08:29 PM

The waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Dirt Road 12-19-14 09:40 PM

I stopped eating potatoes, corn, and white flour products... and it's working for me so far. I get to eat everything else as much as I want, as long as I don't want pecan pie, sweet potato pie, pumpkin pie, german chocolate cake, strawberry cake, and on and on and on... This is a trying season.

B. Carfree 12-19-14 11:40 PM

Any pie but pecan would have had the same result for me. For some reason, I just don't like pecan pie. Lucky for me, we've had very few pies around this year and the few we've had have been mostly inhaled by my son before I could do the deed. I'm still a dozen pounds over my preferred riding weight, which is much better than a few weeks back when I had another ten hanging on. It's all good since I start cranking out more serious miles after New Year's Day and the energy stores get burned off in a few weeks.

zandoval 12-19-14 11:58 PM

Just tell yourself you can only eat pie when you are riding and not any time before or after...

Same goes for the beer and whiskey...

Sometimes I think fat is the price of happiness...

bruce19 12-20-14 12:04 AM

Pecan Pie is absurdly good.

jppe 12-20-14 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by bruce19 (Post 17402943)
Pecan Pie is absurdly good.

Amen!! My Mom was not the best cook but her pecan and chocolate pies were insanely delicious. This store bought pecan pie tastes just like Mom's.

Jinkster 12-20-14 06:28 AM

There's a restaurant in Lumpkin, Ga named "Michell's" that makes and serves...wait for it.......

"Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie"

it's been over a decade since I had a slice but?...I've often times thought and wondered if that could be improved upon by using...

"Dark Chocolate"...chips. ;)

OldsCOOL 12-20-14 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt Road (Post 17402794)
I stopped eating potatoes, corn, and white flour products... and it's working for me so far. I get to eat everything else as much as I want, as long as I don't want pecan pie, sweet potato pie, pumpkin pie, german chocolate cake, strawberry cake, and on and on and on... This is a trying season.

Trying, indeed. It's cookie season and I'm tagged out.

KenshiBiker 12-21-14 02:56 AM

My wife asked me what kind of pies she should make to bring to Christmas dinners (one at her family's, one at mine). I told her to make pumpkin pie, since she (and both our families) likes pumpkin pie (and I don't). That way I won't be tempted (at least by the pie; I still have to wage war against the cookies, fudge and candies, not to mention all the "regular food"). If she made her pecan pie, it would be "game over", especially if there was some vanilla ice cream around.

Edit: Thank God I don't live anywhere near Lumpkin, GA.

Retro Grouch 12-21-14 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jinkster (Post 17403191)
There's a restaurant in Lumpkin, Ga named "Michell's" that makes and serves...wait for it.......

it's been over a decade since I had a slice but?...I've often times thought and wondered if that could be improved upon by using...

Bacon improves just about any kind of food I can think of too. Maybe we should start a restaurant specializing in dark chocolate chips, bacon and whatever food you choose to hold them up.

benetga 12-21-14 07:44 AM

Enjoy the Season-I've got the best weight loss program waiting in my garage when it's over. Better yet, keep riding right through it.

silkey 12-21-14 07:19 PM

great,i didn't have a problem with food this season until now.i am googling lumpkin ga after this post!

Wanderer 12-22-14 09:37 AM

And, my wife just made fudge, about two or three pounds worth, that is like eating fudge frosting.................................. so there's that, and the homemade caramel corn, and the chex mix, and the cookies, and the................................

I might have to experiment with heating a little up, and putting it on ice cream/////////////////////

jppe 12-22-14 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jinkster (Post 17403191)

My daughter makes a killer chocolate chip pecan pie.........I really, really try to just eat small slices so I can have seconds and thirds!!!

jppe 12-22-14 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had these at a store on yesterday's ride. Only 430 calories for both!!! At least it got me through the last leg of the ride.