Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   New here! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1091131)

kepohe 12-09-16 04:27 AM

New here!

Hello,

I'm French and i live near to Paris. I'm here to show you my restoration of an old 1985 PGN10.
I searched information on this bike and i saw that some members here have a pgn10...
So i think it's cool if i can show my restored bike to people :)

qcpmsame 12-09-16 06:27 AM

Welcome aboard, having another French member here is great. Be sure to post some pictures and information about that Peugeot in our Classic and Vintage Forum Classic & Vintage - Bike Forums

Bill

RonH 12-09-16 08:37 AM

Welcome to Bike Forums. Glad you joined us. :)

kepohe 04-26-20 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by RonH (Post 19241022)
Welcome to Bike Forums. Glad you joined us. :)

Thanks.

kepohe 04-26-20 05:55 AM

I have a new bike B. Carre vitus 971

Rage 04-26-20 08:28 AM

Greetings from NYC!

mtb cheaha 04-26-20 09:10 AM

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your contribution. Enjoy your rides. Be safe.

R1de4fun 04-27-20 02:20 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Cmar 06-04-20 02:36 PM

Hello

Trevsears 06-05-20 03:28 AM

Welcome, I’m also a new member and although from the UK I’m spending a lot of time in France, in the Haute Vienne about 3 hours south of Paris.
It’s very quiet here, maybe too quiet but good for getting out on the bike without having to dodge Parisian traffic😂
Good to see more French members on the forum, hopefully some of you can help me later to identify an old Motobecane that I found recently.
Trevor

KintaL 06-05-20 08:20 AM

Congratulations on the bike, they are crazy nice! I wanna learn enough to start working on them myself soon. Basic maintenance for now. I just picked up a Schwinn Circuit. I believe it's an 89. I have to verify the serial. I still can't believe I found it, in South Texas of all places.

Kayakerles 06-08-20 03:19 PM

Hi Keophe.

I'm 64 now and riding a Trek FX 6.7. But when I was an almost-teenager, I got my first real bike. It was a beautiful white Peugeot UO-8. Bought it new for $85 USD, Nothing but fond memories of my UO-8 with chrome-dipped front fork, Mafac brakes, and Simplex derailleurs.

looking forward to checking out your bike pics when I can figure out how! ~ Les

jimmyv65 06-20-20 08:11 PM

Welcome from another newbie

sledgefisher 06-20-20 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by kepohe (Post 19240798)
Hello,

I'm French and i live near to Paris. I'm here to show you my restoration of an old 1985 PGN10.
I searched information on this bike and i saw that some members here have a pgn10...
So i think it's cool if i can show my restored bike to people :)

Hi,
That bike sounds pretty special. I look forward to seeing it.

sledgefisher 06-20-20 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by KintaL (Post 21516493)
Congratulations on the bike, they are crazy nice! I wanna learn enough to start working on them myself soon. Basic maintenance for now. I just picked up a Schwinn Circuit. I believe it's an 89. I have to verify the serial. I still can't believe I found it, in South Texas of all places.

My advice from experience, stay away from restorations on French bike frames until you know about bottom bracket standards. And stems headsets and seat posts.

DarkSqrBishop 06-21-20 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Trevsears (Post 21516151)
Welcome, I’m also a new member and although from the UK I’m spending a lot of time in France, in the Haute Vienne about 3 hours south of Paris.
It’s very quiet here, maybe too quiet but good for getting out on the bike without having to dodge Parisian traffic😂
Good to see more French members on the forum, hopefully some of you can help me later to identify an old Motobecane that I found recently.
Trevor

Hello! Limoges alors? I've also been living over there for some years ( I'm also new over here). In general I find that biking is not very standard in French cities. :)