Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   US team pursuit not a team at Worlds? (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1166347)

chas58 02-13-19 08:37 AM

US team pursuit not a team at Worlds?

Can someone explain to me why the U.S. team pursuit team members are not all going to the world championships as a team, even though they are currently ranked 7th in the world based on the world cup standings. This seems ridiculous. Was there a qualifying issue or something?

USA Cycling names team for Track World Championships | Cyclingnews.com

benjovland 02-13-19 08:46 AM

I count Lambie, Lange, Young, Hoover, and Summerhill all on the list. With Holloway and Hegyvary, it's pretty much the usual suspects who've made up the core of the men's endurance squad all season.

Unless you're referring to the women's squad? Catlin, Valente, and Geist are accounted for, and I assume they'll swap in White or Birch depending on form.

colnago62 02-13-19 12:25 PM

The article made it sound like both women and men pursuit teams are going

chas58 02-13-19 12:55 PM

The individuals are going, but competing in individual events, not in team pursuit. Strange...

queerpunk 02-13-19 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by chas58 (Post 20793151)
The individuals are going, but competing in individual events, not in team pursuit. Strange...

No, they're competing in team pursuit. Per the link you posted:

Olympians Jennifer Valente and Kelly Catlin will be joined in the women's team pursuit squad by Kim Geist; all were part of last year's gold medal-winning effort.

Valente will also compete in the Omnium...

The men's team pursuit squad of Ashton Lambie, Gavin Hoover, Eric Young, Colby Lange and Danny Summerhill are heading into the Worlds with confidence...

carleton 02-15-19 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by queerpunk (Post 20793235)
No, they're competing in team pursuit. Per the link you posted:

Olympians Jennifer Valente and Kelly Catlin will be joined in the women's team pursuit squad by Kim Geist; all were part of last year's gold medal-winning effort.

Valente will also compete in the Omnium...

The men's team pursuit squad of Ashton Lambie, Gavin Hoover, Eric Young, Colby Lange and Danny Summerhill are heading into the Worlds with confidence...

It appears that the article was updated after Chas58 posted here:

By Cyclingnews February 12, 2019 12:31am
Updated: February 13, 2019 7:26pm
Maybe they added the new TP stuff in the update?

colnago62 02-17-19 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by carleton (Post 20795588)
It appears that the article was updated after Chas58 posted here:

Maybe they added the new TP stuff in the update?

I posted in the morning. The update was in the evening.

bartek. 02-21-19 06:17 PM

I had recently a track training between morning and afternoon sessions of the US team, as my hometown velodrome hosts the WC this year. All I can say, Ashton Lambie is a beast and definitely very hard-working guy. He didn't even leave a track between their sessions and joined to the women team for their training.