Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Twin Cities C&V ride - Date Revised - Now on for June 27th - (L'Utefisk) (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1003980)

Chrome Molly 04-18-15 06:07 AM

Twin Cities C&V ride - Date Revised - Now on for June 27th - (L'Utefisk)

6 Attachment(s)
- Date change- now on for June 27'th

Please ref this thread going forward. Thanks for playing along with my lack of calendar reading skills

The honorable Gomango and I are preparing a Twin Cities C&V ride on Saturday June 27th.

This is an inclusive event (routes designed for all levels of participants), taking routes between White Bear Lake and Stillwater.

Routes will be as short as 35 miles of mainly well maintained paths (easier), to as long as 60 miles of bluffs and lakes (moderate, not difficult). Mix and match options to suit your enthusiasm. Cue sheets will cover all routes, but likely we will ride as a couple groups.

This is a no sag, "self supported" ride, with many food and beverage options along the way (we will suggest the stops and meet up points). Not a competition, instead a chance to show off your hardware and mix with oddballs that your significant other doesn't understand.

Leaving from WBL and heading to Stillwater as the rest stop (lunch somewhere TBD downtown), then back along a different route for post ride libations along the shores of beautiful WBL.

Starting time - 9am meet, 9:15 roll off
Starting location - Ramsey County Beach, White Bear Lake (on south side of HY96, a half mile east of HY61)
We will meet up at the building shown below

http://www.bikeforums.net/attachment...3&d=1434803002

Cue sheet and crude map found below (and will bring printouts for the day, have a cue sheet holder maybe):

So.... Who's interested?

Expected sites along the way

Chrome Molly 04-18-15 06:10 AM

Hopefully the date change makes some of the possibles into probables.

I rode the long course yesterday afternoon to make sure it all ties together nicely. Should be a good one. Long routes combine to about 60 miles with less than 3K of elevation.

Please use this thread to indicate in's and out's. Closer to the date we'll get a role call so we don't leave without anyone who's a for sure...

Update two: No actual Lutefisk will be served. Those wishing to have Lutefisk are asked to supply their own dry plank whitefish, lye, and vat. It is strongly suggested to arrive several weeks early so as to prepare said ingredients down to non-toxic levels. If this describes you, please bring your own sleeping bag and toothbrush. You should also be prepared to fend off advances from multiple Norwegian grandmothers over this period.

JAG410 04-18-15 06:40 AM

On my calendar! If stars align, I'll be there.

badger_biker 04-18-15 11:23 PM

Much better date for me and on my calendar also. Thanks for the update.

bikemig 04-18-15 11:55 PM

Count me in as a definite maybe. Sounds like fun and I might just make the drive up from Des Moines.

I'm not too sure about the lutefisk though unless you're having it with aquavit in which case pretty much anything is tolerable, :thumb:

rjhammett 04-19-15 08:09 AM

Sounds like fun. I am a probable but will need to confirm as the date gets closer. It will take me until then to figure out which C&V bike to ride.

iab 04-19-15 08:27 AM

I am probably out.

Conflicts with an anniversary.

irwin7638 04-19-15 08:35 AM

I'd like to think I can come, but kinda doubt it. I'll share this with another forum where I know some people in the area.

Marc

Chrome Molly 05-06-15 07:54 PM

BTT

Still very much on!

Salubrious 05-06-15 09:39 PM

Sweet. On my calender.

ddeand 05-06-15 10:00 PM

Well, looks like I'd better get my bike's motor tuned up. I'll do everything I can to be there - it's on my calendar.

Dean

gomango 05-07-15 02:53 AM

It will be nice to meet everyone.

I'm definitely in as well.

Even if I have to set aside the mtb for a day. :)

RobbieTunes 05-12-15 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by gomango (Post 17783735)
It will be nice to meet everyone.

I'm definitely in as well.

Even if I have to set aside the mtb for a day. :)

Ride the MTB at L'Afsa

Camilo 05-12-15 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Chrome Molly (Post 17730446)
Hopefully the date change makes some of the possibles into probables.

I rode the long course yesterday afternoon to make sure it all ties together nicely. Should be a good one. Long routes combine to about 60 miles with less than 3K of elevation.

Please use this thread to indicate in's and out's. Closer to the date we'll get a role call so we don't leave without anyone who's a for sure...

Update two: No actual Lutefisk will be served. Those wishing to have Lutefisk are asked to supply their own dry plank whitefish, lye, and vat. It is strongly suggested to arrive several weeks early so as to prepare said ingredients down to non-toxic levels. If this describes you, please bring your own sleeping bag and toothbrush. You should also be prepared to fend off advances from multiple Norwegian grandmothers over this period.

Is it possible to eat lutefisk without Aquavit? I don't see that mentioned.

gomango 05-12-15 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Camilo (Post 17799962)

Nope.

I grew up with lutefisk. I won't go near it anymore.

Camilo 05-12-15 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by gomango (Post 17800051)
Nope.

I grew up with lutefisk. I won't go near it anymore.

I'd have to be several shots into a bottle of Linie to even think of eating that slimy sh... er, stuff. And yes, I was exposed to it in my Norske rooted youth. Never made any sense to me.

ddeand 05-13-15 07:59 PM

Lutefisk . . . I'd rather ride an undersized carbon bike with Sora shifters than eat lutefisk.

Now, lefse - that's a different story.

Clang 05-13-15 08:48 PM

It would be cool to go to this and put some faces to names.

RobbieTunes 05-14-15 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Clang (Post 17803440)
It would be cool to go to this and put some faces to names.

Be careful what you wish for.

bikemig 05-14-15 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Camilo (Post 17799962)

The aquavit is a heck of a lot better without the lutefisk . . . .

toavii 05-14-15 09:00 AM

If I can make it, I'll supply the aquavit:

https://vikredistillery.files.wordpr...06/photo-4.jpg

Side note, next time you're in Duluth, highly recommended checking out Vikre. Great gin, even better hand made drinks at their bar. They're located in Canal Park just before you cross the lift bridge.

modelmartin 05-14-15 09:19 AM

What is considered C&V for this ride? I have a 89 Raleigh Technium but it has STI shifters. I could bring the Kabuki Submariner with DT shifters but everyone would need sunglasses - it is so shiny!

gomango 05-14-15 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by modelmartin (Post 17804557)
What is considered C&V for this ride? I have a 89 Raleigh Technium but it has STI shifters. I could bring the Kabuki Submariner with DT shifters but everyone would need sunglasses - it is so shiny!

Don't worry about the bike you bring.

Just show up.

Out of towners, if you need a bike I am certain we can set you up with something you might like to ride.

We have a few spares. :)

modelmartin 05-14-15 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by gomango (Post 17804933)
Don't worry about the bike you bring.

Just show up.

:)

I am pretty certain I can make it. It sounds pretty mellow: just old bikes and riding. I don't need no stinkin tweed ride! Where and when will it actually start? I am in Mpls and can ride up to WBL for the start.

Camilo 05-15-15 02:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ddeand (Post 17803338)
Lutefisk . . . I'd rather ride an undersized carbon bike with Sora shifters than eat lutefisk.

Now, lefse - that's a different story.

You should find one of these.