Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jan is the planning month (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1221145)

rydabent 01-08-21 04:03 PM

Jan is the planning month

Here we are with a new year on our hands, and by spring everyone should have had a virus shot, and we can ride anywhere again.

So Jan is planning month. Maybe get a new bike or------------decide what cleaning and repair your bike or trike needs for the new riding season. Order up the parts and have them on hand for Feb. Feb is the month all the cleaning and repair needs to be done. Even tho some of us are in the snow belt, a few days of March may be warm enough to ride. Be prepared.

diphthong 01-08-21 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by UCantTouchThis (Post 21868791)
Good thing about So California, my bikes are always clean. No planning, no schedule to buy new parts, fix bikes, I'm always good. :D

ssshhhh...don't rub it in.

rydabent 01-08-21 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by UCantTouchThis (Post 21868791)
Good thing about So California, my bikes are always clean. No planning, no schedule to buy new parts, fix bikes, I'm always good. :D

But then I can buy a really nice 3 bedroom brick house with a two car garage to put my bike in, for $180,000.

diphthong 01-08-21 04:27 PM

touché.

CAT7RDR 01-08-21 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by rydabent (Post 21868819)
But then I can buy a really nice 3 bedroom brick house with a two car garage to put my bike in, for $180,000.

Brick houses? I can honestly say I have never seen one.
Now, wood and stucco or fiberglass fascia are everywhere.

Koyote 01-08-21 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by rydabent (Post 21868775)
Here we are with a new year on our hands, and by spring everyone should have had a virus shot.

You apparently do not have access to the news.

notthe1freeman 01-08-21 05:04 PM

Now I live in CDA Idaho I am planning all sorts of rides

indyfabz 01-08-21 06:47 PM

:roflmao2:

wolfchild 01-08-21 06:48 PM

I am up in Canada and for me January is no different then any other month of the year. I dress up, go outside and ride.

indyfabz 01-08-21 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Koyote (Post 21868836)
You apparently do not have access to the news.

No. Just more of his trolling.

indyfabz 01-08-21 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by CAT7RDR (Post 21868833)

I own a brick house. The houses around the corner from me were built to house workers who built stuff for the centennial celebration.

veganbikes 01-08-21 07:00 PM

This is of course wrong, very wrong. Please do not put more people at risk by making and executing big plans with large groups of people. Please also don't spread more misinformation about the vaccine it just isn't going to happen that fast and even if it did we would still not be safe yet. Look at history.

Though agree it is a good time to think about new bike or fixing plans for the year especially if you are looking custom which is probably damn near about all you can easily get these days and even they are struggling on the parts front.

indyfabz 01-08-21 08:21 PM

BikeMaine has already cancelled its September 2021 tour. Maybe the organizers know something the OP doesn’t.

diphthong 01-08-21 09:23 PM

this thread has inspired me to wash all four of my bikes and get that darned cork handlebar tape clean as new.
with the ocd, that'll take me as long as doing a completely new build likely would.

wolfchild 01-09-21 08:21 AM

and by spring everyone should have had a virus shot, and we can ride anywhere again.

EVERYONE except me, because I am not going to fall for all this "vaccination agenda". I don't know what you mean by WE CAN RIDE ANYWHERE AGAIN...Covid hasn't prevented me from riding, I have continued to ride everywhere through all the lockdowns

AlmostTrick 01-09-21 09:15 AM

In almost any state, and certainly in Nebraska, the roads are not covered with ice and snow all winter, and the temps are not always below freezing. There are plenty of good riding days even in January and February. But yeah, still clean/tune/upgrade your bikes in your heated garage while enjoying a drink and some tunes. :thumb:

rydabent 01-09-21 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by CAT7RDR (Post 21868833)

Here in Nebr, they are common. We lived in a 4 bedroom all brick house for 42 years. Down sized to a town home 7 years ago.

rydabent 01-09-21 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21869016)
No. Just more of his trolling.

At 82 I expect that my wife and I will get our first shot in about 2 weeks.

RS5 01-09-21 10:10 AM

Here we are with a new year on our hands, and by spring everyone should have had a virus shot, and we can ride anywhere again.

So Jan is planning month. Maybe get a new bike or------------decide what cleaning and repair your bike or trike needs for the new riding season. Order up the parts and have them on hand for Feb. Feb is the month all the cleaning and repair needs to be done. Even tho some of us are in the snow belt, a few days of March may be warm enough to ride. Be prepared.

Is it that common that people stop riding in autumn/winter? Based on your post I guess that riding season starts in March then?

I always felt lazy for not taking the bike out when its below 10 degrees Celsius or when it's raining.... but since I live in the Netherlands, this means I can generally not cycle for three months.

Milton Keynes 01-09-21 11:22 AM

For me, winter is for planning all the rides I want to do through the year. Spinning on the trainer gets old pretty quickly.

SurferRosa 01-09-21 09:36 PM

Jan is planning month... Feb is the month all the cleaning and repair needs to be done... Be prepared.

https://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/11/yea-k.gif

BobbyG 01-10-21 09:17 AM

At 82, many people would be looking back on all the cycling they've done. rydabent is looking forward to all the cycling he'll do.

Go 'Bent, GO!

rydabent 01-10-21 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by RS5 (Post 21869744)
Is it that common that people stop riding in autumn/winter? Based on your post I guess that riding season starts in March then?

I always felt lazy for not taking the bike out when its below 10 degrees Celsius or when it's raining.... but since I live in the Netherlands, this means I can generally not cycle for three months.

Unless there is a day above 60 in the winter, I dont ride. I hate the cold. I also hate riding if I cant do it in shorts. And certainly there is no way I would ride in the snow and ice, even tho I could with safety on my trike.