Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Commuting (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Stay away from Zursters.com on ebay. (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=240714)

demo9 10-28-06 08:20 AM

Stay away from Zursters.com on ebay.

I didnt know where to post this on the forum so I guess since I was buying commuter stuff i will post it here. I went to go and look for some panniers that were waterproof on ebay and came across a fairly inexpensive pair that got good reviews on MTBR.com. So I purchased them using the buy it now function. Paid for the panniers on the same day (October 16) and waited for the panniers to come in the mail.

Well now it is October 28 and I still have no panniers. The auction said items will be shipped within 48 hours of payment reciept by USPS priority mail. Since it is coming from Oklahoma and I live In Texas I figured a max of 8 days to ship. So I checked to see if I have a tracking number and it was never sent to me so I emailed the vendor and 5 emails later I get a tracking number. Well the tracking number was just issued 2 days ago and there is no shipping information on file. I am steamed I have been needing these bags to commute with and have been having to use a backpack because I am still waiting for them to get here.

A word to all of you ebayers out there, stay away from Zursters.com. Unless you like to wait forever for items to ship.

RonH 10-28-06 08:24 AM

Sorry to hear the bad news. Hopefully the panniers will arrive soon. Keep us posted.

WorldPax 10-28-06 09:06 AM

I bought a rack from Zursters and had it within a few days. Sorry you had trouble, but maybe it was a fluke.

Ricardo 10-28-06 09:14 AM

I bought a pair of shifters from Zursters last year and while they lasted a while to arrive, I didn't feel ripped off or anything. They arrived as promised. Sorry to hear you need the panniers so urgently but with a little patience they will arrive in the mail soon.

Ricardo

superted 10-28-06 10:03 AM

Hope your panniers arrive soon and this all works out.

FlatFender 10-28-06 10:11 AM

I purchased some bar tape from them a few months ago, and they arrived on time. Sorry to hear about your panniers. Sometimes things come up and people cannot send things out as fast as you would like them.

wneumann 10-28-06 10:21 AM

Meh. It happens, sometimes things get sidetracked.

Hell, I ordered some Pernice Brothers CDs once, and the seller didn't ship them until I asked about the order two weeks later. The thing is I didn't order them from some Joe off the street, but from Ashmont Records (Joe Pernice's own label). They certainly weren't trying to screw me -- that's not the best way to build a fanbase after all -- the order just got lost in the shuffle and was sent out right after I contacted them about it. And I've never had a problem with them since.

Hell, I just realized the other day that I never ordered a workstation and a power supply for work that I was supposed to get three months ago. Whoops!

tomg 10-28-06 11:35 AM

i got a cheap mini-pump from this seller about one year ago (plastic shaft, "sigma" brand). it came in appropriate time, "as listed", and i have used it several times and am pleased with it's utility.

-continue attempting follow-through contact w/zusters, explore eBay conflict resolution, and lastly, mention negative feedback potential.

good luck!

europa 10-28-06 05:53 PM

Sorry to disappoint you, but I also received my goods on time from Zursters.

oldokie 10-28-06 06:21 PM

I don't think he ships anything (or very little) direct from OK. I live in OK and I tried to contact him once about buying something and picking it up to avoid shipping. He told me that was not possible since he did not have the product at his location. I think he takes the orders then has it drop shipped from his supplier. If his supplier is out of the product, you may need to wait until..........

CrosseyedCrickt 10-28-06 06:55 PM

My momma used to say.
Just because you are saving money doesn't mean you are getting the better deal.

knobster 10-28-06 07:59 PM

To say not to do business with a company because of one incident is a little over the top. If you got ripped off, then ok, but this is just a slow shipment. If this is your policy, then you probably will run out of people to do business with as you're probably going to have issues with everyone from time to time. Nobody is perfect.

I understand how frustrating this can be though. Hopefully you'll get your shipment soon.

Portis 10-28-06 08:39 PM

I couldn't believe it when i read your title. I have had hundreds and hundreds of transactions on ebay. By far my worst experience was with ZURSTERS. That guy is a prick. I have him a negative because he never shipped my item. Then of course he retaliated and gave me a negative. My ONLY negative ever on ebay, by the way, and I got it from ZURSTERS.

He claimed that the truck that was shipping my items had a wreck. I think he did eventually give me a refund but it took a looooooong time and again, he gave me a negative for giving him a negative for not giving me what i paid for.

That was over a year ago, and every time i mistakenly click on one of his auctions, as soon as i realize who it is, i run like hell! This guy sucks! BEWARE!

EDIT> I thought about this some more and i remember more. I ended up having to contact ebay to get his contact info because he absolutely would not answer emails. So finally i got a phone number and left a message. He called me back and was all pissy with me.

Before you all jump to his defense for calling me back keep in mind that MONTHS had passed. And i had probably emailed him a dozen times. He only called me back because i threatened him with following up with ebay.

maximan1 10-28-06 11:00 PM

I just bought some bar tape and it took a bit long to get here, but its all good. Just keep waiting, O impatiant one *BOWS*

Overkll 10-29-06 10:26 AM

Got bar-end blinkies from Zursters shipped to Canada. Arrived in 4 business days. Seems to be reputable, good luck with your dilema. Some sellers seem to be good when the transaction goes smoothly, but really drop the ball when conflict resolution comes into play.

demo9 10-29-06 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Overkll
Got bar-end blinkies from Zursters shipped to Canada. Arrived in 4 business days. Seems to be reputable, good luck with your dilema. Some sellers seem to be good when the transaction goes smoothly, but really drop the ball when conflict resolution comes into play.

I guess this is what chaps my azz so much is I live in the US and it has been 2 weeks, but someone else who lives in Canada gets their stuff in 4 days. What is up with that? Oh well I checked the USPS site for the tracking number. Still no information available for the tracking number provided. I think I am just going to request my money back and go with a price point or nashbar product. This is getting rediculous. I can understand waiting for items to come in, and I can understand shipping takes time. But most sellers I know will contact you about something that is not available or if unforseen circumstances come up. With this guy it is like pulling teeth to get any kind of response.

dobber 10-29-06 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by demo9
Oh well I checked the USPS site for the tracking number. Still no information available for the tracking number provided.

You are aware of the fact that USPS tracking numbers are absolutely useless, right? The only time it ever seems to get updated is to confirm actual delivery.

thelazywon 10-29-06 02:49 PM

I ordered panniers and rack from them. Everything seemed OK.

newsace 10-29-06 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by dobber
You are aware of the fact that USPS tracking numbers are absolutely useless, right? The only time it ever seems to get updated is to confirm actual delivery.

Yeah, I found that out the hard way a couple of years ago with an order from one side or the other of the Nashbar/Performance conglomerate. It was, indeed, absolutely useless. I checked the tracking number online, and found it listed my package had been delivered (this was to a P.O. box, which is the only reason I went with USPS shipping over UPS or FedEx). I printed out the confirmation, took it in to the post office, and the postal clerk told me it didn't mean anything, and he couldn't explain to me why a federal agency would lie to me on its Web site about my package delivery. The best he would do is blame it on the company USPS contracts with to deliver their packages. I called that company, and they seemed pretty ticked that I found their number and decided to call them -- they told me that if the confirmation reported it had been delivered, there was nothing they could do about it. The good thing was, when I called Nashformance, they immediately shipped out (by FedEx to my work address, this time) a replacement. Never did get the original delivery.

mike

Brian Sorrell 10-30-06 01:27 PM

I ordered from Zursters and I *thought* that there was a delay on their end, but it turns out that the credit card on my PayPal account had expired and so PayPal cut them an eCheck, which Zursters specifically says will take longer to process. Perhaps you've experienced something similar. Once the eCheck cleared, the shipping was spot on.

demo9 10-30-06 05:12 PM

unfortunatley this was not the case. The payment was received by him back on the 17th according to paypal. Still no panniers yet.

unkchunk 10-31-06 04:09 PM

I had mass quantities of cables and housings from Zursters that never showed up. But Zursters was very quick to refund my PayPal account. In fact they refunded it at my first notification, trusting me to repay if/when the cables finally arrived. Seemed very decent to me.

Richbiker 11-28-06 12:59 PM

I've also ordered several things from Zursters on ebay, and I've never had a problem. I can't remember what he was like on communication. Some on ebay are better than others. Some are slower to ship than others. USPS tracking codes don't work until the item is delivered.
Rich

deputyjones 11-28-06 01:24 PM

15 negative feedbacks on Ebay for Zursters in the last month. Even if you sell a LOT that is not good. Thanks for the heads up.

demo9 11-28-06 01:46 PM

Finally got my panniers a coupe weeks ago. The box was pretty mangled and he resold me Nashbar panniers for 10$ more than what I could have gotten on their site. And finally he had put front panniers in a rear pannier baggie. So I am using front panniers for the rear. I was wondering why they were so small. Oh well lesson learned.