Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   After work exploring ! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1173613)

ZIPP2001 05-21-19 06:55 PM

After work exploring !

Well I've got one of the road bikes staying at work during the week so I can ride right after work instead of driving 30+ minutes to get home and then ride. But today I couldn't get the Darkside out of my head at work so it off to drive home after work and do some new exploring on the Darkside. Looking forward to visiting these section again in the future now that I know what to expect.

Wildwood 05-22-19 11:23 AM

So, glad I'm not the only one with squealy brakes on an underutilized mtn bike.
Exploring can be fun.

edit: not much riding in first two min. - but correct, 'it's all about having fun'.

rumrunn6 05-22-19 01:51 PM

I've been known to bring a bike to work on the back of my car, plus a change of clothes, etc so I can go riding w/o going home

what pressure do you run in the front. on my 29 x 2.25s I run 21 psi for better performance over the soft stuff. wow that trail was ruff considering how well marked it was

rseeker 05-22-19 02:00 PM

Looks like a lot of fun.

The great thing about getting your feet wet is you no longer have to worry about getting your feet wet. MEL-GIBSON-VOICE: Freedom!

ZIPP2001 05-22-19 04:58 PM

Nothing like checking out some new trails, never know what to expect.

ZIPP2001 05-22-19 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by rumrunn6 (Post 20942713)
I've been known to bring a bike to work on the back of my car, plus a change of clothes, etc so I can go riding w/o going home

what pressure do you run in the front. on my 29 x 2.25s I run 21 psi for better performance over the soft stuff. wow that trail was ruff considering how well marked it was

I run it at 25 psi but when exploring I might go lower, never no what your going to run into. It looks like they just marked this trail and was tough following it at times.

ZIPP2001 05-22-19 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by rseeker (Post 20942732)
Looks like a lot of fun.

The great thing about getting your feet wet is you no longer have to worry about getting your feet wet. MEL-GIBSON-VOICE: Freedom!

I'm sure this won't be the last time I get the feet wet.

Wildwood 05-22-19 05:26 PM

Just as a general comment, remembering business trips to NE, - ‘Aren’t you supposed to be moving out of soft muddy season and into buggy season?’

ZIPP2001 05-23-19 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Wildwood (Post 20942995)
Just as a general comment, remembering business trips to NE, - ĎArenít you supposed to be moving out of soft muddy season and into buggy season?í

We should be but April saw 21 days with rain and May has only been a tad better, hoping thing dry out soon.