Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVI (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1184878)

datlas 10-25-19 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by PepeM (Post 21180296)
They are probably not SERIOUS CYCLISTS.

My exact thought.

N00b_Cyclist 10-25-19 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21179634)
That would be correct, but if the two values are different then you don't have a mode, then you have to rely on the mean.

Yea, I mean...overall, I feel like this mode of conversation has really opened my eyes to the value of this topic.

LAJ 10-25-19 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21179696)
Hey I need a reality check, at least from those who are employed.

I just saw a patient who I have known for over 15 years. He said he was probably going to see a different doctor in the future. His reason? His wife (a nurse) interviewed for a job with my organization (different office) and was given an offer but told that health benefits have a 60 day "wait," and he thought that was unfair and mean.

I asked my office manager and she seems to think this is pretty much standard operating procedure for the 21st century.

Any thoughts or feedback?

I told the patient I am sorry about the situation and respect his decision if he wants to get his care elsewhere. He was pretty firm about how he felt.

It depends on the profession. Seems the nursing field is in demand, and will continue to be, because the population is getting so old, fat, and unhealthy. A good applicant should get the red carpet rolled out for them.

LesterOfPuppets 10-25-19 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21179696)
Hey I need a reality check, at least from those who are employed.

I just saw a patient who I have known for over 15 years. He said he was probably going to see a different doctor in the future. His reason? His wife (a nurse) interviewed for a job with my organization (different office) and was given an offer but told that health benefits have a 60 day "wait," and he thought that was unfair and mean.

I asked my office manager and she seems to think this is pretty much standard operating procedure for the 21st century.

Any thoughts or feedback?

I told the patient I am sorry about the situation and respect his decision if he wants to get his care elsewhere. He was pretty firm about how he felt.

I've had zero day, 30, 60 and 90 day waits. Actually had temp to hire with 6 month wait.

Just got a job today with instant health insurance.

LAJ 10-25-19 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21180512)

Thumbs Up!!

datlas 10-26-19 05:14 AM

Time to ride. After my ride, I have a date with a million fallen leaves.

Trsnrtr 10-26-19 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21180750)

Have a good ride! :thumb:

Trsnrtr 10-26-19 06:54 AM

:bday:

BillyD 10-26-19 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21180750)

You must do yours in 2 or more stages because you're considerably south of me and my big maples are just starting to turn yellow. I haven't done my first stage yet.

LAJ 10-26-19 10:36 AM

Is candy corn a good pre-workout food?

Asking for a friend.

Trsnrtr 10-26-19 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21181016)

Asking for a friend.

I'm done riding and wondered about a dreamcicle in one hand and a stroopwafel in the other as a post-ride snack.

LesterOfPuppets 10-26-19 11:29 AM

Asking for a friend.

Possibly the worst food known to man, IMO.

LesterOfPuppets 10-26-19 11:32 AM

A friend of mine was in Velo Vol's neck of the woods and hit the Lane Motor Museum. Lotsa cool cars, MCs, scooters, and bicycles in there.

'66 Citroen ice racer. Something tells me there may have been Canadiens involved with this one.

https://scontent.fphx1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...a5&oe=5E17E52E

LesterOfPuppets 10-26-19 11:37 AM

Someone's gotta check the oilpan gasket on the Munga. Pretty cool machine.

https://scontent.fphx1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...38&oe=5E2581CE

LesterOfPuppets 10-26-19 12:02 PM

Apparently TN used to have nicely shaped license plates

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...58&oe=5E25F601

WhyFi 10-26-19 01:06 PM

Cool - the GPU that I bought included a promo for three months of XBox Game Pass. I had planned on buying The Outer Worlds, but it's included in the Game Pass bundle, so I've got three months to play through to my heart's content. :bday:

BillyD 10-26-19 01:21 PM

Asking for a friend.

Tell your friend why not just eat a tablespoon of plain sugar, who needs all that coloring.

datlas 10-26-19 01:25 PM

Ugh. For some reason, my Garmin 130 won't sync with my iPhone. I tried a bunch of times. I even tried to uninstall the garmin device, but it won't reinstall. For whatever reason although the Garmin can pair via bluetooth to the phone, the "Garmin Connect" app on my iPhone won't recognize the Garmin device. I tried restarting both devices, disconnecting/reconnecting Bluetooth. Garmin online help is effing useless. Sad!

datlas 10-26-19 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21180866)
You must do yours in 2 or more stages because you're considerably south of me and my big maples are just starting to turn yellow. I haven't done my first stage yet.

Due to wrist and shoulder problems I can't rake, so I use the lawn tractor and bagger to get the leaves off the ground. If the leaves are too thick, they clog the chute....so I typically do 3 or 4 stages. I wish I had sons to take over this stupid task. I love my daughters but they are fairly useless when it comes to yardwork.

datlas 10-26-19 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21181176)
Ugh. For some reason, my Garmin 130 won't sync with my iPhone. I tried a bunch of times. I even tried to uninstall the garmin device, but it won't reinstall. For whatever reason although the Garmin can pair via bluetooth to the phone, the "Garmin Connect" app on my iPhone won't recognize the Garmin device. I tried restarting both devices, disconnecting/reconnecting Bluetooth. Garmin online help is effing useless. Sad!

Good news. I solved the problem. I had to uninstall the Garmin Connect AND tell the iPhone to "forget this device" and then it worked. I wish someone had told me that instead of making me figure it out on my own.

DougRNS 10-26-19 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21181189)
Good news. I solved the problem. I had to uninstall the Garmin Connect AND tell the iPhone to "forget this device" and then it worked. I wish someone had told me that instead of making me figure it out on my own.

you learn from your mistakes, grasshopper.
#ToughLove

seedsbelize 10-26-19 01:55 PM

I've had zero day, 30, 60 and 90 day waits. Actually had temp to hire with 6 month wait.

I have never had a job with health insurance.

seedsbelize 10-26-19 02:00 PM

I am a free man. I figured out how to disable autocorrect on my phone. Henceforth all mistakes are my own, and I own them proudly.
The few
The proud

seedsbelize 10-26-19 02:03 PM

It takes FedEx Mexico 3 weeks to deliver a package across the country. There will invariably be a delay or two. It takes DHL 3 days. Put that in yer pipe and smoke it.

BillyD 10-26-19 02:04 PM

Anybody else see the spectacular catch in last nights World Series. Victor Robles made an incredible leaping, twisting catch which I believe tops the legendary Willie Mays catch. I see the degree of difficulty of the Robles catch as a 10 compared to a 9 for the Mays catch. I play the outfield myself and I could see making the Mays catch on a good day . . . a really good day . . . . but I can't even picture myself making the Robles catch in my wildest dreams. The term 'spectacular' doesn't do that catch justice.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a38b56bd03.png