Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Charity Events (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=256)
-   -   Charity Miles? (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1162926)

rando_couche 12-26-18 05:40 PM

Charity Miles?

I'd like to find a way to make ALL of my miles benefit nonprofits working to make the world a better place. So far the only thing I've found is charitymiles.org.
Does anybody have experience with them?
Are there alternatives?

And of course I'd like to have everything in place for the new year (1/1).

Thanks

SP
OC (soon to be Newport), OR

canklecat 12-26-18 06:32 PM

Yup, I've used the Charity Miles apps on my Android and iPhone for more than a year. It's legit.

Sponsors kick in per mile in exchange for publicity. I post my rides to Facebook. The app tags the sponsors names onto my posts. That's all there is to it. No tricks. No spam.

My charity of choice is for Alzheimer's. My mom struggled with it for more than a decade before dying last month. Her older brother developed Parkinson's and dementia. Anything that helps research into the general field of dementia has my support.

And I use Amazon Smile, which kicks in some change from each eligible purchase toward Cook Children's Hospital, also near and dear. Cook saved my little cousin. He had open heart surgery in his first week of life, and subsequent surgeries over the years as he grew.

He's 13 now and you'd never know unless you saw his bare chest and what he calls his "zipper."

Between Medicaid and Cook benefactors his parents weren't saddled with a medical bill that almost certainly is approaching a million dollars.

I'd also suggest St. Jude's, Shriners, etc.

Banksyone 01-23-19 08:23 AM

Hi

Hi guys! if you need any tips or help just contact me.

Chris(NJ) 02-26-19 12:19 PM

Good to know! Downloading now.

maartendc 03-27-19 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by canklecat (Post 20719981)
Yup, I've used the Charity Miles apps on my Android and iPhone for more than a year. It's legit.

Sponsors kick in per mile in exchange for publicity. I post my rides to Facebook. The app tags the sponsors names onto my posts. That's all there is to it. No tricks. No spam.

That is a cool concept! I'd be interested to try that out!

rando_couche 03-29-19 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by maartendc (Post 20857006)
That is a cool concept! I'd be interested to try that out!

They're at charitymiles.org.

Rever 12-06-19 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by rando_couche (Post 20719919)
I'd like to find a way to make ALL of my miles benefit nonprofits working to make the world a better place. So far the only thing I've found is charitymiles.org.
Does anybody have experience with them?
Are there alternatives?

And of course I'd like to have everything in place for the new year (1/1).

Thanks

SP
OC (soon to be Newport), OR

If you'restimulatedby using assisting others, free app Charity Miles helps you earn cash while you run or bike. The app uses your phone's GPS to track your exercise. Each time you open it up, you choose a charity. You'll then earn 10 cents a mile for biking and 25 cents a mile for on foot and walking