Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Professional Cycling For the Fans (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Chris Froome...News (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1175450)

colnago62 06-12-19 11:32 AM

Chris Froome...News

Is out of the TDF. Bad crash in training. Apparently wind caught hi wheel during a fast descent that sent him into the wall.

cthenn 06-12-19 11:35 AM

This thread will get moved, but now maybe I'll watch this year. So tired of that donkey (not that I'm happy he's injured).

sdmc530 06-12-19 11:41 AM

Not happy anyone gets injured but glad he is out of the tour. Not a fan of his at all. Will make this tour a good one for sure now!

seau grateau 06-12-19 11:47 AM

Lol he didn't even win the tour last year and people still hate him, OK. Get well soon Froomy.

cthenn 06-12-19 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by seau grateau (Post 20975189)
Lol he didn't even win the tour last year and people still hate him, OK. Get well soon Froomy.

It's 20 years later, and people still hate Lance Armstrong. A dominant winner who dopes (oh wait, no nevermind, Froomedawg was cleared on a technicality, lol) and people get tired of it. At least Armstrong was a pretty good rider before his "transformation".

MinnMan 06-12-19 11:59 AM

You guys are harsh. Going down hard at 65 kph is not something I would wish on anybody.

I don't know, maybe I would if they were some kind of war criminal. But just because the guy interferes with your enjoyment of a bike race, I'm disappointed to see these "bye Felicia" first takes.

sdmc530 06-12-19 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by seau grateau (Post 20975189)

Not to get off topic but I believe he dislike has nothing to do with his winning and losing...I bet it has more to do with his high moral and ethical standards and such traits.

I don't ever dislike a person for winning, that is something to be admired for winning a sport at a high level.

seau grateau 06-12-19 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by cthenn (Post 20975201)
It's 20 years later, and people still hate Lance Armstrong. A dominant winner who dopes (oh wait, no nevermind, Froomedawg was cleared on a technicality, lol) and people get tired of it. At least Armstrong was a pretty good rider before his "transformation".

Froome is a generational talent but OK.

indyfabz 06-12-19 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by minnman (Post 20975211)
"bye felisha"

fify

noodle soup 06-12-19 12:57 PM

Thanks for posting the spoiler :troll:

Zaskar 06-12-19 01:00 PM

The moral to the story is: Be happy you don't weigh as little as Froome ;-)

MinnMan 06-12-19 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 20975334)

1. It didn't happen in or during a race. I don't think it could spoil anybody's experience watching a stage. Unless maybe you saving the Dauphine with DVR and were a stage or two behind?

2. The principle is no spoilers in the thread titles. The thread title just has his name. If you didn't want to know more, you didn't need to open the thread.

79pmooney 06-12-19 01:09 PM

Not a fan of Froome but I've gotta respect what he's done. But ... please ... bike handling! This crash was so preventable. He sneezed on a known dangerous corner reconning the descent. Riding a TT bike. There were so many ways to avoid this. Bike Racing 101.

Ben

MinnMan 06-12-19 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by 79pmooney (Post 20975368)
Not a fan of Froome but I've gotta respect what he's done. But ... please ... bike handling! This crash was so preventable. He sneezed on a known dangerous corner reconning the descent. Riding a TT bike. There were so many ways to avoid this. Bike Racing 101.

Ben

f

Agreed. It doesn't seem necessary to ride the TT bike for recon, but maybe they want to know how the bikes will handle in the turns?

datlas 06-12-19 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 20975334)

+ 1

Reported

sdmc530 06-12-19 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by MinnMan (Post 20975377)
f

Agreed. It doesn't seem necessary to ride the TT bike for recon, but maybe they want to know how the bikes will handle in the turns?

I also agree BUT....

Even so you don't let a guy like Froome do the "testing"...use a no-name guy with a smaller team roll. Seems reckless?

cthenn 06-12-19 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by MinnMan (Post 20975211)
You guys are harsh. Going down hard at 65 kph is not something I would wish on anybody.

I don't know, maybe I would if they were some kind of war criminal. But just because the guy interferes with your enjoyment of a bike race, I'm disappointed to see these "bye Felicia" first takes.

Reading is fundamental kids! I think both of the anti-froome comments above both qualified that no one wanted to see him injured. But in case you need to hear it again, I'm happy he's not going to be in the TdF this year, AND AND AND AND I take no joy in hearing him being injured.

cthenn 06-12-19 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by seau grateau (Post 20975222)
Froome is a generational talent but OK.

:lol:
nay...
:roflmao:
nay...
:roflmao2::roflmao2:

MinnMan 06-12-19 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by cthenn (Post 20975448)
Reading is fundamental kids! I think both of the anti-froome comments above both qualified that no one wanted to see him injured. But in case you need to hear it again, I'm happy he's not going to be in the TdF this year, AND AND AND AND I take no joy in hearing him being injured.

Yeah, I got that. But the sequence is not insignificant.

cthenn 06-12-19 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by MinnMan (Post 20975455)
Yeah, I got that. But the sequence is not insignificant.

I don't know what to tell you man. I don't like the guy, he's this generation's Armstrong, from his dodgy rise from nothing, to his team's boring ass Postal train tactics, to his unlikable personality, to his questionable relationship to the UCI (at least the previous president). I think he's a fraud, and makes racing boring to watch. But that doesn't mean I want to see the guy in a body cast. Sorry if my "hawt taek" offends you.

indyfabz 06-12-19 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by sdmc530 (Post 20975445)
I also agree BUT....

Even so you don't let a guy like Froome do the "testing"...use a no-name guy with a smaller team roll. Seems reckless?

How is someone who is not Froome testing a bike going to shed meaningful light on the bike will handle when Froome is riding it? Riding style will affect how a bike handles. And in Froome's case, you are talking about someone who is not of average body. 6'1' and what, maybe 150 lbs. soaking wet?

sdmc530 06-12-19 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 20975466)
How is someone who is not Froome testing a bike going to shed meaningful light on the bike will handle when Froome is riding it? Riding style will affect how a bike handles. And in Froome's case, you are talking about someone who is not of average body. 6'1' and what, maybe 150 lbs. soaking wet?

I get what your saying but if they are just testing a bike for the team Froome shouldn't have been the guy maybe? On the other hand any pro should be able to handle any bike at any time.....He is a pro after all. So your correct! After reading the event on a couple of places it sounds like he just made a mental mistake and caused himself to crash. That is truly unfortunate.

I am however still not sad to see him out of the Tour.

Wildwood 06-12-19 02:42 PM

It's a 2handed sport when racing at speed.

I read - took hand off bars to clear nose and gusty winds took him off-line.

edit: if he was executing the infamous snotrocket, at least his training partner was ahead and therefore, safe from a crash and spared watching a horrific crash of his team leader.

79pmooney 06-12-19 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Wildwood (Post 20975536)
It's a 2handed sport when racing at speed.

I read - took hand off bars to clear nose and gusty winds took him off-line.

edit: if he was executing the infamous snotrocket, at least his training partner was ahead and therefore, safe from a crash and spared watching a horrific crash of his team leader.

+1 (and on a downhill corner with known gusting winds. On a TT bike.) As I said last page - Racing 101; Avoid the dumb crashes.

GuitarBob 06-12-19 02:55 PM

Bummer for him and his team, for sure. He seems like a pretty reasonable guy, but his racing style is just really boring to watch...