Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Greetings, enablers! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1259492)

Dirt Road Blues 09-30-22 04:39 PM

Greetings, enablers!

Hello, all. Some of you may remember an account here that went by the handle "deux jambes." Well, that was me. When life necessitated the sale of my last steed nearly a year ago, I logged outta here.

I'm happy to report that I've finally arrived at the point where I can once again look forward to enjoying some vintage steel, and the tinkering and riding that goes along with it.

And so that brings me here. Logged back into the legendary C&V BF, albeit with a new account and handle. Somewhere along the way, I forgot my old password, and had unfortunately deleted the email account which that account was linked to. Essentially locked out. I had to start fresh.

Anyhow, here's hoping that all here have been well, and have been enjoying many adventures in bike life and more. I'm quite excited to be back, as there isn't a greater bunch of enablers anywhere!

Matt
Eugene, OR

Lattz 09-30-22 04:53 PM

Hello Matt and Welcome again to the forums. I don't remember ever seeing deux jambes, but it doesn't matter.Good that you are back.

Lattz

noobinsf 09-30-22 05:01 PM

Welcome back!

jdawginsc 09-30-22 05:01 PM

I think I remember buying quite a few items from you as you were paring down the stockpile..

Glad you are back! Now how can we enable you...?

cocoabeachcrab 09-30-22 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt Road Blues (Post 22664767)
Hello, all. Some of you may remember an account here that went by the handle "deux jambes." Well, that was me. When life neccesitated the sale of my last steed nearly a year ago, I logged outta here.

I'm happy to report that I've finally arrived at the point where I can once again look forward to enjoying some vintage steel, and the tinkering and riding that goes along with it.

And so that brings me here. Logged back into the legendary C&V BF, albeit with a new account and handle. Somewhere along the way, I forgot my old password, and had unfortunately deleted the email account which that account was linked to. Essentially locked out. I had to start fresh.

Anyhow, here's hoping that all here have been well, and have been enjoying many adventures in bike life and more. I'm quite excited to back, as there isn't a greater bunch of enablers anywhere!

Matt
Eugene, OR

welcome back, and looking fwd to sharing the journey into bike building debauchery with you again!

obrentharris 09-30-22 05:39 PM

Welcome home!
Brent

Dirt Road Blues 09-30-22 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lattz (Post 22664779)
Hello Matt and Welcome again to the forums. I don't remember ever seeing deux jambes, but it doesn't matter.Good that you are back.

Lattz

Hi, Lattz. I was never a heavy poster in the main forum here. A few build threads perhaps, and the random reply comment here or there. Otherwise, I was often too busy in the sales forum. I hope to reverse that pattern this time around. Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. I find it pleasantly enabling!

Originally Posted by noobinsf (Post 22664786)
Welcome back!

Thanks, my friend. Glad to see ya here, and that you've still got that '76 Limited listed among your herd.

Originally Posted by jdawginsc (Post 22664787)
I think I remember buying quite a few items from you as you were paring down the stockpile..

Glad you are back! Now how can we enable you...?

I think you remember correctly, and thanks again for helping me pair down when that's what I needed to do. And now, since you've asked... This conversation is already enabling! I'm now one post closer to pic privileges lol

Oh, but also, if anyone can point me towards an early to mid 80's Trek 800 series sized around 19" then that's exactly the level of enabling I'm hoping to get into right now.

Originally Posted by cocoabeachcrab (Post 22664794)
welcome back, and looking fwd to sharing the journey into bike building debauchery with you again!

Journey into bike building debauchery! Yes!!! I need this. And thank you for being here for it.

Dirt Road Blues 09-30-22 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by obrentharris (Post 22664807)
Welcome home!
Brent

Thank you, Brent. I miss it. Always a hole in the soul when there is neither bike nor riding. Looking forward to the mend.

clubman 09-30-22 06:11 PM

deux jambe...still got both legs?
So, what can we sell or trade with you today? What size frame? C'mon, time's flying by. ;)
Welcome back.

Dirt Road Blues 09-30-22 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 22664833)
deux jambe...still got both legs?
So, what can we sell or trade with you today? What size frame? C'mon, time's flying by. ;)
Welcome back.

Thank you. And good to be back, clubman. Good to see ya here too. Left knee probably needs a bit of therapy, but yea, technically I still got both legs. I'm thinking a relaxed geometry early 80's Trek mtb would make an ideal platform for reentry back into the saddle. Now, if I can only find someone who has one laying around in about a size 19 and is also willing to part with it. Hopefully its not too big of a dream to be able to procure such material and get it dialed in before the rains come.

squirtdad 09-30-22 06:30 PM

Welcome back, we are your people, enablers all

AdventureManCO 09-30-22 06:35 PM

Welcome back and greetings, fellow convincer!

mkeller234 09-30-22 07:34 PM

Glad to have you back in the fold!

merziac 09-30-22 08:52 PM

@Dirt Road Blues

:wtf:

Welcome back ;)

Kabuki12 09-30-22 09:26 PM

We kept the lights on for ya! Welcome back.

Dirt Road Blues 09-30-22 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by squirtdad (Post 22664845)
Welcome back, we are your people, enablers all

This is why I am here. The enabling is key. You all never disappoint.

Originally Posted by AdventureManCO (Post 22664849)
Welcome back and greetings, fellow convincer!

Thank you. And yes, I will do my part to enable others as well lol

Originally Posted by mkeller234 (Post 22664889)
Glad to have you back in the fold!

Good to be back. Now I just need a bike :(

Originally Posted by merziac (Post 22664965)
@Dirt Road Blues

:wtf:

Welcome back ;)

Thanks Van. I don't know, picking out a handle is so complicated. It came down to the fact that I love the blues, and I want to ride my next bike in the dirt. Good to see ya friend!

Originally Posted by Kabuki12 (Post 22664992)
We kept the lights on for ya! Welcome back.

I see that. And my day is brighter for it. Thank you.

merziac 09-30-22 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt Road Blues (Post 22665006)
This is why I am here. The enabling is key. You all never disappoint.
Thanks Van. I don't know, picking out a handle is so complicated. It came down to the fact that I love the blues, and I want to ride my next bike in the dirt. Good to see ya friend!

Oh, I get the blues reference, the :wtf:is for the bailout, desertion, perceived slight, abandonment, etc. :roflmao2:

Always had a feeling you were being hamstrung by your road bikes.

Couldn't put my finger on it since I don't really embrace it although I do take a short path or gravel stretch sparingly.

And have a route through Gateway green I use on return trips back from BTD that is pretty real deal for me but only about 3/4 of a mile with some fairly serious gravel and a single big ditch that takes some juice to get through so I get a taste once in awhile. ;)

rumrunn6 10-01-22 06:14 AM

often refer to us as addicts, but enablers works too! ;-)

jdawginsc 10-01-22 06:46 AM

I assume you are talking about an Antelope type?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15507422595...Bk9SR7StmrnyYA

jdawginsc 10-01-22 11:24 AM

I have a 1992 Hard Rock frame and 1991 Schwinn KOM, but at the distance, not sure it is worth it for you.

GT Karokoram in there, I think.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2111112l%22%7D

Antelope $110 Salem Oregon (looks a bit small).
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6-ccbe7f875df3
​​​​​​https://scontent-atl3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...sQ&oe=633D18B2

Dfrost 10-01-22 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt Road Blues (Post 22664844)
…I'm thinking a relaxed geometry early 80's Trek mtb would make an ideal platform for reentry back into the saddle. Now, if I can only find someone who has one laying around in about a size 19 and is also willing to part with it. Hopefully its not too big of a dream to be able to procure such material and get it dialed in before the rains come.

Welcome back!

If you get up to Seattle, there are lots of bikes fitting that description at Bike Works (bikeworks.org), where I’m a volunteer. And we have plenty of suitable parts, if what is installed isn’t quite right. Saturday afternoons are usually a good time to check out all the possibilities.

Whit51 10-01-22 05:46 PM

I remember deaux jambes. Welcome back!

ascherer 10-01-22 08:25 PM

Glad you’re back, Matt. Carry on!

Dirt Road Blues 10-01-22 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by merziac (Post 22665050)
Oh, I get the blues reference, the :wtf:is for the bailout, desertion, perceived slight, abandonment, etc. :roflmao2:

Always had a feeling you were being hamstrung by your road bikes.

Couldn't put my finger on it since I don't really embrace it although I do take a short path or gravel stretch sparingly.

And have a route through Gateway green I use on return trips back from BTD that is pretty real deal for me but only about 3/4 of a mile with some fairly serious gravel and a single big ditch that takes some juice to get through so I get a taste once in awhile. ;)

Lol I stand accused!

Hamstrung is right. I'm not an athletic rider, and I'm way too nervous on pretty bikes that feel a tad delicate to be able to enjoy them to their fullest.

Dirt Road Blues 10-01-22 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by rumrunn6 (Post 22665145)
often refer to us as addicts, but enablers works too! ;-)

Yes, both terms work by my experience.

Originally Posted by jdawginsc (Post 22665164)
I assume you are talking about an Antelope type?

Not quite. I want a crowned fork.

Originally Posted by Dfrost (Post 22665467)
Welcome back!

If you get up to Seattle, there are lots of bikes fitting that description at Bike Works (bikeworks.org), where I’m a volunteer. And we have plenty of suitable parts, if what is installed isn’t quite right. Saturday afternoons are usually a good time to check out all the possibilities.

Thanks for the info. Seattle is a place that I regret not having visited yet. Hopefully that'll change sooner than later and I would love to check out bikeworks.

Originally Posted by Whit51 (Post 22665741)
I remember deaux jambes. Welcome back!

I remember you too. Glad you're still here.

Originally Posted by ascherer (Post 22665863)
Glad you’re back, Matt. Carry on!

Thanks my friend. The reception is flattering. And I'm reminded just how gracious a bunch that makes C&V such a wonderful community.