Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   No More ProBikeKit For Me (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1213106)

OldsCOOL 09-16-20 10:39 AM

No More ProBikeKit For Me

My 2 tires are 8 days overdue, tracking has the package sitting in Grand Rapids, Mi (just south of me), been there 5 days. So I did a bot chat with DHL (shipper) and they said the package is given to a third party shipper. No tracking number, no more info from DHL. Contacting ProBikeKit is done via snail mail.

Modern problems. I sit and wait all the while contemplating the lesson I have learned. No more orders from them.

thinktubes 09-16-20 11:43 AM

https://imgc.artprintimages.com/img/...l-q10bvjk0.jpg

Marcus_Ti 09-16-20 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by OldsCOOL (Post 21697229)
My 2 tires are 8 days overdue, tracking has the package sitting in Grand Rapids, Mi (just south of me), been there 5 days. So I did a bot chat with DHL (shipper) and they said the package is given to a third party shipper. No tracking number, no more info from DHL. Contacting ProBikeKit is done via snail mail.

Modern problems. I sit and wait all the while contemplating the lesson I have learned. No more orders from them.

IIRC, DHL hands off to USPS. Try the DHL number in USPS's system.

ThermionicScott 09-16-20 11:58 AM

Isn't everything delayed these days?

delbiker1 09-16-20 12:01 PM

I understand the displeasure because of the shipping issue. Not so sure that it is PBK's fault. I order things from PBK, CRC and sometimes from China or Taiwan, but not things I am going to need relatively soon. If that is the case, I get the items from a supplier located in the USA. However, I have had delays from USA suppliers not related to not being in stock. They have been sitting in a warehouse somewhere, be that UPS, Fedex, USPS, etc. Some items are just ridiculously less expensive getting them from a supplier located in a foreign country. That includes things I would not have purchased at the price if I had to order them from a domestic source, but, to me, they were worth the lower price ordering them from elsewhere.

SoccerBallXan 09-16-20 12:41 PM

Are you able to send a message to the customer service team through PBK’s website? It’s asking me for a login, but I assume it’ll direct to a messaging program after.

Other than that, snail mail requests it is!!

malcala622 09-16-20 12:51 PM

8 days overdue? It took 3 months for my Veloflex tires to arrive from Germany

I think you can give PBK another chance

BFisher 09-16-20 12:55 PM

It really is luck of the draw regarding shipping these days. Probikekit sent it out, right? I just got something from them rather promptly in PA. Also got some wheels from overseas in two days. Not Probikekit's fault.

@thinktubes, aren't you the guy who swore off Velomine over a spoke nipple? If not, my mistake.

Just chill. State of things sucks. Life is still good.

cb400bill 09-16-20 01:03 PM

I'm currently near the airport in Grand Rapids. Want me to pick them up?

trailangel 09-16-20 01:09 PM

DHL has always been weird IMO. I would never order tires from overseas...... no reason too. Just order from what's in stock here.

OldsCOOL 09-16-20 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by cb400bill (Post 21697551)
I'm currently near the airport in Grand Rapids. Want me to pick them up?

No, but thank you.

I’m not sure it is there. DHL can’t answer me as to where it is.

OldsCOOL 09-16-20 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by BFisher (Post 21697533)
It really is luck of the draw regarding shipping these days. Probikekit sent it out, right? I just got something from them rather promptly in PA. Also got some wheels from overseas in two days. Not Probikekit's fault.

@thinktubes, aren't you the guy who swore off Velomine over a spoke nipple? If not, my mistake.

No that wasn’t me.

OldsCOOL 09-16-20 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by trailangel (Post 21697562)
DHL has always been weird IMO. I would never order tires from overseas...... no reason too. Just order from what's in stock here.

That is my lesson, right there. I will from now on make my selections in the USofA.

BFisher 09-16-20 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldsCOOL (Post 21697568)
No that wasn’t me.

I was talking to the guy who whipped out his tiny violin.

OldsCOOL 09-16-20 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti (Post 21697386)
IIRC, DHL hands off to USPS. Try the DHL number in USPS's system.

Thank you, I’ll give it a try.

OldsCOOL 09-16-20 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by thinktubes (Post 21697370)

Do you play solo? :lol:

natterberry 09-16-20 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by BFisher (Post 21697653)
I was talking to the guy who whipped out his tiny violin.

Yep, stripped spoke nipple - Velomine is the antichrist.

JaccoW 09-16-20 03:54 PM

I don't know man, Blue Lug Japan has some pretty cool tyres sometimes. But for most of my everyday tyres I order in Germany but I live in Europe so that makes more sense.

Shipping things to, from and inside the US is a mess right now. There is still a global pandemic going on.

jamesdak 09-16-20 04:01 PM

Well for me PBK has always been the slowest source from Europe. I did have some Zonda's wheels get lost in customs for a couple of months. They finally arrived in a totally trashed package. Sent pics online to PBK customer service and within a day or two they had refunded my purchase and told me to keep or trash the wheels.

I use this site a lot to track overseas packages.

Universal Parcel Tracking - Global Package Tracking

My last couple of orders from Merlin's have come via DHL but have been the usual super quick shipments I always get from Merlin.

thinktubes 09-16-20 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by BFisher (Post 21697533)

Yep that was me. Stripped spoke and crappy build on both wheels - I'll vote with my wallet.

And thanks for remembering - glad it sunk in.

BFisher 09-16-20 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by thinktubes (Post 21697859)
Yep that was me. Stripped spoke and crappy build on both wheels - I'll vote with my wallet.

And thanks for remembering - glad it sunk in.

Such is the case with the market, and I wouldn't have it another way.

Irony of response has always been intriguing.

Ride on.

:)

ascherer 09-16-20 08:33 PM

Universal Cycles shipped me a package that disppeared inside the USPS, last seen in Portland OR on July 25 yet tracking is optimistic: "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way." Universal Cycles was responsive and actually refunded the order. Small-ish amount but honorable service, so give them some business!

Meanwhile in World News, a pair of dynamo lights and wiring from xxcycle.com took about 40 days to cross the Atlantique and has been on line customs for the last 11 days. Hope I get them in time to revert to Standard Time.

clubman 09-16-20 08:37 PM

Just order from what's in stock here.

My LBS is telling me good quality 559 mtn tires are being eased out of the marketplace to get everyone riding 650Bs. Dinks.

nomadmax 09-17-20 02:40 AM

I order from PBK and other overseas sellers all the time. What I don't do is order stuff from them I need right away. Apparently, there's some sort of virus going around (making people sick) that's slowed a lot of things down; shipping from overseas might be one of those things :foo:

OK, tongue back in cheek:
In my opinion, if those tires aren't mission critical enough to go out and buy some local for twice the price, then they aren't mission critical enough to b*tch about 8 days late during COVID or swear off a vendor.

Bikejock200M 09-17-20 07:16 AM

Bike24

I placed a tubular tire order from Bike24.around the end of July Recieved it 6 weeks later.
i have also ordered fro PBK, never a problem. You just have to wait these days!