Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Bicycle Mechanics (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   God Im Dumb (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=21913)

shaun16 02-22-03 09:21 AM

God Im Dumb

AT THE MOMENT I AM USING GRIMECA DISC BRAKES.(DONT KNOW IF THEY ARE GOOD??).YESTERDAY I TOOK THEM APART TO CLEAN THEM AND I CANT GET THEM BACK TOGETHER AGAIN PROPERLY!!! THE PADS ARE TOO CLOSE TOGETHER AND I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO GET THEM APART A BIT MORE. ON THE CALIPER SIDES OF THE PADS THERE ARE 2 LARGE BB'S. IS IT SOMETHING TO DO WITH THESE??? (THEY ARE MECHANICAL BY THE WAY)

PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!
THANKSmy brake system

shaun16 02-22-03 09:21 AM

IS THIS A GOOD BRAKING SYSTEM FOR A BEGINNER

TandemGeek 02-22-03 09:31 AM

Haven't worked on Grimeca's brakes, but they shouldn't be all that complicated. Have you check the owner's manual or viewed any of Grimeca's on-line video tutorials?

http://www.grimeca.it/eng/manutenzione/index.htm

KleinMp99 02-22-03 10:11 AM

Originally posted by shaun16
AT THE MOMENT I AM USING GRIMECA DISC BRAKES.(DONT KNOW IF THEY ARE GOOD??).YESTERDAY I TOOK THEM APART TO CLEAN THEM AND I CANT GET THEM BACK TOGETHER AGAIN PROPERLY!!! THE PADS ARE TOO CLOSE TOGETHER AND I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO GET THEM APART A BIT MORE. ON THE CALIPER SIDES OF THE PADS THERE ARE 2 LARGE BB'S. IS IT SOMETHING TO DO WITH THESE??? (THEY ARE MECHANICAL BY THE WAY)

PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!
THANKSmy brake system

STOP YELLING

dirtbikedude 02-22-03 11:32 AM

Grimeca has been in the brake business for many years. They make a great product. I have not worked on the system 10 but as mentioned before check their site for help.

I would not use the 10's for any type of dh. It is one of their entry level brakes. If you find your self gettting the urge to do some hard riding I would suggest upgrading to their Sys. 8 at the minimun or go with a diff company altogether.

D*Alex 02-22-03 02:42 PM

[quote]ON THE CALIPER SIDES OF THE PADS THERE ARE 2 LARGE BB'S.[/b]

There are 2 large bottom brackets???? WTF????

Maelstrom 02-22-03 02:59 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by D*Alex

ON THE CALIPER SIDES OF THE PADS THERE ARE 2 LARGE BB'S.

There are 2 large bottom brackets???? WTF???? [/B]
Ballbearings? :) (we can play the guessing game here)

D*Alex 02-23-03 09:39 AM

Bucket brigades? Bantam bowlers? Baalzebub's banjos?

roadbuzz 02-23-03 10:12 AM

Originally posted by KleinMp99
STOP YELLING
This from a guy with a FLASHING YELLOW avatar. ;)

Don't be put off if you get smacked around a little. Turn off your caps lock, and give complete descriptions (misunderstandings are easy without being able to see the problems) and you'll find these guys are alright, and real helpful!

PS. Did you look at the service information on the web page that you provided the link to?

shaun16 02-23-03 10:18 AM

Thanks you lot. I'll check out the videos.

shaun16 02-23-03 10:40 AM

One problem with the videos. they are a format that my media player does not support. it is a .RM file. can you just tell me what COULD be the problem!
thanks

Bokkie 02-23-03 12:11 PM

Originally posted by dirtbikedude
Grimeca has been in the brake business for many years...

...If you find your self gettting the urge to do some hard riding I would suggest upgrading to their Sys. 8 at the minimun or go with a diff company altogether.

dbd, did you opt for Grimeca on your new rig? I remember a while back trying to chase some down for you in the UK but the ones you wanted were not available at the time. Did you end up with Grimecas or switch to something else?

roadbuzz 02-23-03 07:49 PM

Yeah, it says to view the videos you need Real Player. But if you have the Acrobat reader, you can look at the manuals (left hand side of the page). Sorry, I don't know anything about the brakes, so I don't have any quick answers.

VegasCyclist 02-23-03 08:25 PM

the .rm files can be viewed via real player,
you can download it here (look for the link on the bottom right, real player is free)....

real player

shaun16 02-24-03 12:05 PM

Thanks

shaun16 02-24-03 12:07 PM

but the videos show the caliper as already built. it does not show you how to build the calipers