Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   "The 33"-Road Bike Racing (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Water Cooler, Scuttlebutt, Chit Chat Thread (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1105191)

wktmeow 03-30-18 03:01 PM

furiousferret 03-31-18 02:05 PM

Oops!

I was supposed to work this morning but they sent all the notification emails to my boss and he's in Spain right now. Luckily everything's working.

mattm 04-01-18 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Doge (Post 20254570)
I requested @BillyD suspend/end my account. I thought BF would do well to keep paying members and those without the same-think.

Bye Y'all.

Donít go, @Doge!

gerundium 04-02-18 01:01 AM

Fiddling around with fit on the trainer here. I switched up the crank length for short ones (165 mm) and dialing in the fit again. I am all around quite comfortable on it but my triceps fatigue when i go on the hoods with arms bent at 90 degrees. When i do an IAB position i am super comfortable and can hold it easily for extended periods. Is this a sign i should stretch out the fit somewhat with a longer stem?

gsteinb 04-02-18 12:00 PM

Snow. Seriously.

TheKillerPenguin 04-02-18 12:13 PM

Walked into my living room this morning, looked out the window, dropped to my knees Will Dafoe in platoon style.

topflightpro 04-02-18 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by gsteinb (Post 20254644)
any shot you're going back to Disney again in the fall? Planning our dates presently.

Doubtful. But if things change, I'll let you know.

Have fun.

rideaz 04-02-18 12:48 PM

Snow? I got sunburned on my weekend rides :-D

gsteinb 04-02-18 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by rideaz (Post 20259649)
Snow? I got sunburned on my weekend rides :-D

In fairness we haven't had any 100,000 acre burns or mudslides either.

furiousferret 04-02-18 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by mattm (Post 20256881)
Don’t go, @Doge!

Agreed, never had an issue with the guy even though he went on some crazy tangents. Seems like we're losing active members on this sub, people should be coming back from winter break but that's not happening. The paranoid side of me thinks its because I'm here now.

Gramercy 04-02-18 01:36 PM

Doge definitely provides different viewpoints and can be entertaining. I may not agree with his parenting style but wasn't offended by anything. It's only the internet, after all.

Flatballer 04-02-18 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by gsteinb (Post 20259526)
Snow. Seriously.

Ours thankfully melted mostly by the afternoon. Only got a couple inches. But that's a couple too many for April as far as I'm concerned.

At work someone said we're due for more this weekend. I'm hoping if I don't look directly at the forecast it won't come true.

hack 04-02-18 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by furiousferret (Post 20259727)
Agreed, never had an issue with the guy even though he went on some crazy tangents. Seems like we're losing active members on this sub, people should be coming back from winter break but that's not happening. The paranoid side of me thinks its because I'm here now.

Agreed re: @Doge ... zany ideas at times, but has a different perspective and insight to the sport.

I'm on less because work internet browsing has grown more restrictive (bikeforums is blocked!!!).

Flatballer 04-03-18 08:12 AM

The technology in the new cars is incredible. The loaner while my wife's car is in the shop getting recalls done is a 2018 Mazda CX-9. Heated seats 1st and second row, heated mirrors and steering wheel, lane keep assist, brake assist, radar cruise control with stop and go, HUD for speed and cruise control and blind spots, blind spot monitoring on the mirrors as well, parking assist all around, rear view camera.

It's just so much stuff. And this isn't even a luxury car, it's a sub $45k 3 row SUV.

gsteinb 04-03-18 05:00 PM

snow, again, forecast for the races on Saturday.

Ygduf 04-03-18 05:25 PM

Is there good stress? Probably. I can't find it though.

Skipped a race I'd paid for because I couldn't deal with getting up at 4am to drive 2+ hours to get my ass kicked and tarred only to drive 2 hours home. Re-gained 5 of the 8lbs I'd lost. Don't have time to ever check ****** of BF at work anymore. Barely have time to do my stupid job and go to the gym and ride. Have twin 2-year old kids at home to really calm things down when I'm not at work.

I am not built for modern life.

Flatballer 04-03-18 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ygduf (Post 20262565)

Skipped a race I'd paid for because I couldn't deal with getting up at 4am to drive 2+ hours to get my ass kicked and tarred only to drive 2 hours home. Re-gained 5 of the 8lbs I'd lost. Don't have time to ever check ****** of BF at work anymore. Barely have time to do my stupid job and go to the gym and ride. Have twin 2-year old kids at home to really calm things down when I'm not at work.

You and me both. Job plus kid leaves not much else. And I only have one (for a couple more weeks anyway).

The most time off in the evenings I've gotten recently was a four day overnight work trip, and I do had to work 6 to 6, so it wasn't exactly easy.

mattm 04-03-18 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ygduf (Post 20262565)

The only real good stress is when the break is up the road and you're not in it. Besides that yeah it sucks.

Drop the gym, seems like that would free up some time!

furiousferret 04-03-18 11:01 PM

I miss prime fudgy. 30 posts a day, gifs, arguing with someone about small details, etc. :(

rubiksoval 04-04-18 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by gsteinb (Post 20262540)
snow, again, forecast for the races on Saturday.

That really stinks. They're calling for snow Saturday morning here, too, in TN!

If it's not freezing cold, it's raining. Wettest winter in a very long time...

Ridiculous winter.

ntnyln 04-04-18 06:13 AM

Looks like our Sat race is going to get snowed out as well in MD. After being in the 60's on Friday...and back to sunny and in the 40's for Sunday's race.

Flatballer 04-04-18 07:17 AM

Maybe we should try turning 2018 off and back on again? It seems to be stuck.

Ygduf 04-04-18 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by mattm (Post 20263095)
The only real good stress is when the break is up the road and you're not in it. Besides that yeah it sucks.

Drop the gym, seems like that would free up some time!

nah, gym is very low time commitment vs. the reward. 2 hours/week to look this good? unbeatable.

Ygduf 04-04-18 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by furiousferret (Post 20263174)
I miss prime fudgy. 30 posts a day, gifs, arguing with someone about small details, etc. :(

fair enough @gsteinb

TheKillerPenguin 04-04-18 08:44 AM

Ew, really? Ew.