Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   "The 33"-Road Bike Racing (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Water Cooler, Scuttlebutt, Chit Chat Thread (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1105191)

Ygduf 05-30-17 03:47 PM

license numbers are ****ing public. Just list that if you're afraid to name a name

mattm 05-30-17 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by scheibo (Post 19620571)
i assume you know how to work RoadResults? :)

ffs dude

wktmeow 05-30-17 04:30 PM

Damn, dude has a lot of wins.

scheibo 05-30-17 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ygduf (Post 19620605)
license numbers are ****ing public. Just list that if you're afraid to name a name

I mean, its fairly trivial for someone to look up the results from this weekend and see the person I'm talking about. I'm hardly being super cryptic. @Doge (I think) made an argument in the past for not randomly dropping people's names on an anonymous forum that I kind of agreed with it.

mattm 05-30-17 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by scheibo (Post 19620739)
I mean, its fairly trivial for someone to look up the results from this weekend and see the person I'm talking about. I'm hardly being super cryptic. @Doge (I think) made an argument in the past for not randomly dropping people's names on an anonymous forum that I kind of agreed with it.

I honestly don't get it - if you've given enough info for people to figure out who this mystery guy is, what's the difference between that and actually naming him?

It'd be one thing if you said "man this dude sucks so bad, and he's super sketch" and wouldn't name him.. but you're saying "he's really awesome and wins a lot" and yet he needs to remain anonymous? lol

Grumpy McTrumpy 05-30-17 05:23 PM

Much ado about nothing.

Doge 05-30-17 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by scheibo (Post 19620739)

I don't mind anyone here looking up who I am or who puppy is. Most know. My issue is search engines. What is in pictures and video is not - yet, easily indexed, so you see and hear names and the people.
However my associations I may quote or mention may not appreciate to have a Google search for them - tagged to me. Once riders are pros/ they are really public - things change. I'm OK saying Brandon...or having a thread on him or any other public cyclist.

All in the immediate family deal with data/information that should not be shared without some thought. It spills over to my forum views I think, and other forums where I posted are private/search engine protected.

No I do not wear a tin foil hat.

Doge 05-30-17 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by carpediemracing (Post 19619287)
I'm pretty sure that Mike Englemann, when he first won the Mt Evans hill climb, was not counted because they thought he cheated. ....

So off-topic, but that saddens me.

Edit: Sorry - I forgot the thread - there are no topics.

hack 05-30-17 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by wktmeow (Post 19620680)
Damn, dude has a lot of wins.

yeah ... impressive, 16 races with 13 wins.

Ygduf 05-31-17 10:37 AM

I just don't want to have to scroll back, figure out what race he won, figure out what ****ing browser works on usacycling results these days, etc...

TheKillerPenguin 05-31-17 11:06 AM

I have been on hold for so long that my cell phone has gone from nearly dead to full charge O_O

The hold music sounds like the type of thing that would play at a buffet in a Turkish bath house.

mattm 05-31-17 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ygduf (Post 19622162)
I just don't want to have to scroll back, figure out what race he won, figure out what ****ing browser works on usacycling results these days, etc...

I think we're just too damn old.

Ygduf 05-31-17 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by mattm (Post 19622417)
I think we're just too damn old.

every day I age 3 now. one for me and one for each terrible screaming child.

miyata man 05-31-17 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin (Post 19622221)
I have been on hold for so long that my cell phone has gone from nearly dead to full charge O_O

The hold music sounds like the type of thing that would play at a buffet in a Turkish bath house.

http://i.imgur.com/yNlQWRM.png

Ygduf 05-31-17 02:45 PM

I was going to save, edit and rehost that image to be like 10x the size but I'm on windows 10 and this is too big a pain in my ass.

TheKillerPenguin 05-31-17 02:49 PM

globecanvas 05-31-17 03:03 PM

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/56...924/6XMHOI.jpg

mattm 05-31-17 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ygduf (Post 19622784)
I'm on windows 10

y tho

Ygduf 05-31-17 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by mattm (Post 19622897)
y tho

being one of the few non-idiots that works here I get stuck as the guinea pig for all new things. Apparently windows 10 is our new or future standard, so I am stuck with it first to figure out all the **** that it does poorly. Like work with docking stations, or retain monitor setups, or receive whatever ****ing windows authentication from the stanford network and a host of other things.

caloso 05-31-17 04:02 PM

We made our assistant "volunteer" to be the guinea pig.

Ygduf 05-31-17 04:10 PM

the absolute best was the 2 days it took the IT people to migrate my old laptop to the new one and watch them try and figure out why I couldn't log on to any networks, use my docking station, etc...

I'm still supposed to cover a bunch of desks when my people are out but windows 10 doesn't play nice with anything. Maybe tablets. It's probably great for tablets or some ****.

miyata man 05-31-17 04:31 PM

Yeah, I was as shocked as anyone at the size. The image I posted not the mental one I was blotting out with a religious icon slash meme.

Ygduf 05-31-17 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by miyata man (Post 19623007)
Yeah, I was as shocked as anyone at the size. The image I posted not the mental one I was blotting out with a religious icon slash meme.

I think it really drove home the point.

y. tho.

miyata man 05-31-17 04:42 PM

If I had mod powers that would be your new screen name. Temporarily.

Ttoc6 05-31-17 05:19 PM

So this race just popped up in the feed for Utah racing. It will be the first weekend I'm in town and also my first day of work. It's... odd.. Not sanctioned (as far as I can tell), no categories (as far as I can tell) and cheap. I've messaged asking if I can skip some of the stages and just do the RR and maybe the mountain day as who knows how that first day of work is going to go in regards to time. Not much up about it yet despite being less than a month away. It looks like the town is running the event. Could be a **** show, or could be competitive.. Think I need to message about on the FB page and see if racers are actually doing it.

2017 SA-LO Stage Race