Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   "The 33"-Road Bike Racing (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Water Cooler, Scuttlebutt, Chit Chat Thread (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1105191)

TheKillerPenguin 06-21-17 03:52 PM

Bah! It pops up from time to time, doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it.

Ygduf 06-21-17 03:56 PM


Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin (Post 19668714)
Bah! It pops up from time to time, doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it.

I keep getting emails on the post you keep trying to make which quotes me, though!

Usually when you all post your E.C. watts and koms I think I can beat them, but I don't think I can do 13+mph on 7% average for even 2 miles right now. Even fat as I am I could top-10 that right now tho!

TheKillerPenguin 06-21-17 04:26 PM

It's only taken nearly 3 years of 100% dedication to get here! Definitely worth it. Tooooootally worth it. I miss beer.

Ygduf 06-21-17 05:12 PM


Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin (Post 19668781)
It's only taken nearly 3 years of 100% dedication to get here! Definitely worth it. Tooooootally worth it. I miss beer.

well, good job.

what's your weight now? I think I could do like 9:10 on that, btw. come west and we can race-ride race.

revchuck 06-21-17 05:20 PM


Originally Posted by Ygduf (Post 19668853)
well, good job.

what's your weight now? I think I could do like 9:10 on that, btw. come west and we can race-ride race.

And the loser buys the beer?

Wylde06 06-21-17 06:36 PM


Originally Posted by revchuck (Post 19668870)
And the loser buys the beer?

I would race-ride race out west (and lose in spectacular fasion) if beer was definitely going to be involved..and buy for everyone!

miyata man 06-22-17 07:14 AM

With few exceptions there are almost no races on the calendar I couldn't feasibly ride to and from if I applied myself. The urge to end my 12 years of being car free is starting to grow because I know that is unfeasible in high heat and humidity.

Marlin Rando? (The owner wants way too much but I'm digging it.)

http://i.imgur.com/3f28WNel.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ustaW17l.jpg

globecanvas 06-22-17 07:19 AM

OMG it's a Rambler. Kind of a weird car, couldn't decide if it wanted to be a Galaxie or a Barracuda. Which motor is in it?

miyata man 06-22-17 07:24 AM

305 V8... manual

The 1962 Land Rover 2A pickup with dual benches and convertible hard top sold. :(

revchuck 06-22-17 07:44 AM


Originally Posted by globecanvas (Post 19669779)
OMG it's a Rambler. Kind of a weird car, couldn't decide if it wanted to be a Galaxie or a Barracuda. Which motor is in it?

Could be worse. Could be a Pacer.

TheKillerPenguin 06-22-17 07:51 AM


Originally Posted by Ygduf (Post 19668853)
well, good job.

what's your weight now? I think I could do like 9:10 on that, btw. come west and we can race-ride race.

~161 at ride time? I've gained a couple of pounds recently but I think that's a summer thing. My GF lived in SFO for a long time so there is a chance I'll wind up out there over the fall at some point while she visits friends.

TheKillerPenguin 06-22-17 07:55 AM

That car is ridiculous! I love it!

Doge 06-22-17 07:57 AM

I was going to drive at 4:30AM to COS so junior could pre-ride Pikes Peak tomorrow. Forecast is rain, snow and lightning for Fri afternoon. He still wanted to do it (that epic adventure story thing) but I let him know it would likely ruin his ceramic bearings, so that shut it down I think. Anyway I'm at home posting, so Sat is the next opportunity.

tetonrider 06-22-17 02:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I think the fact that this guy is walking with a bike makes this cycling-related and OK to post.

Here are the MENSWEAR looks we'll be sporting in 2018...

Attachment 568832

Attachment 568833

tetonrider 06-22-17 02:28 PM


Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin (Post 19669850)
My GF lived in SFO for a long time so there is a chance I'll wind up out there over the fall at some point while she visits friends.

she lived in the airport? :)

lemme know when you might go.

(got an office literally minutes from SFO, but i prefer SF. :))

aaronmcd 06-22-17 02:36 PM


Originally Posted by tetonrider (Post 19670842)
I think the fact that this guy is walking with a bike makes this cycling-related and OK to post.

Here are the MENSWEAR looks we'll be sporting in 2018...

Attachment 568832

Attachment 568833

Hahaha

look 21:
Swimming shirtless in a giant blazer

TheKillerPenguin 06-22-17 02:37 PM

Yea dude she lived in the Cinnabon which was one of the things that brought us together! :D

globecanvas 06-22-17 02:43 PM


Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin (Post 19670865)
Yea dude she lived in the Cinnabon which was one of the things that brought us together! :D


extremely nsfw language:



caloso 06-22-17 02:54 PM


Originally Posted by tetonrider (Post 19670847)
she lived in the airport? :)

lemme know when you might go.

(got an office literally minutes from SFO, but i prefer SF. :))

I'm just glad he didn't say San Fran (ugh) or Frisco (vomit).

caloso 06-22-17 02:57 PM


Originally Posted by tetonrider (Post 19670842)
I think the fact that this guy is walking with a bike makes this cycling-related and OK to post.

Here are the MENSWEAR looks we'll be sporting in 2018...

Attachment 568832

Attachment 568833

What in the world is going on here?

https://images.businessoffashion.com...ixlib=js-1.0.5

miyata man 06-22-17 03:17 PM


Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin (Post 19670865)
Yea dude she lived in the Cinnabon which was one of the things that brought us together! :D

D'awww, isn't that sweet.

Just be glad she didn't live SE of San Francisco so you'd have to fly into FAT (Fresno Air Terminal). :)

tetonrider 06-22-17 04:39 PM


Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin (Post 19670865)
Yea dude she lived in the Cinnabon which was one of the things that brought us together! :D

now there's a nice perk. or a disgusting one, depending on how far one is into the cinnabon.

is it sad that i know that cinnabon is mis-spelled in that louis CK video description?

tetonrider 06-22-17 04:43 PM

meanwhile, in triathlon news:
woman deflates tires of competition

she admitted she "needs help" for an eating disorder.

Grumpy McTrumpy 06-22-17 04:44 PM

maybe she was trying to eat the tire sealant.

tetonrider 06-22-17 11:39 PM


Originally Posted by caloso (Post 19670911)
What in the world is going on here?

https://images.businessoffashion.com...ixlib=js-1.0.5

my wife and i stared at that a few minutes and are still not sure what we're seeing.

cinnabon side note: if anyone here is ever in france (particularly brittany), get a kouign aman (pronounced "queen aman"). it's basically a caramelized croissant. think of a cinnabon but lighter: you don't feel completely disgusting afterwards.

it's a specialty in brittany, but you can occasionally find it elsewhere. (i found it in just one place in paris and searched MANY. i gained 10+ pounds in the process of searching.)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:00 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.