Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   "The 33"-Road Bike Racing (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Water Cooler, Scuttlebutt, Chit Chat Thread (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1105191)

TheKillerPenguin 07-13-17 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by miyata man (Post 19715020)
I was hoping to avoid a singular focus on penises this go round. Total exclusion is a big ask.

It is hard (TWSS) when your dangle is the platonic ideal. My long suffering gf will attest. So will your mom :thumb:

miyata man 07-13-17 08:49 AM

My mom? I was complimenting you at GC's expense. Did I hit upon something not openly apparent with the dark helmet reference?

This is really going off the rails quick. :eek:

TheKillerPenguin 07-13-17 08:51 AM

I'm just sayin'

globecanvas 07-13-17 08:55 AM

Kindly keep your schwantzes out of the scuttlebutt thread.

TheKillerPenguin 07-13-17 09:06 AM

I'm tired, tired of being admired, aint it a cwying shame...

globecanvas 07-13-17 09:10 AM

Also your schnitzengrubens.

miyata man 07-13-17 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by globecanvas (Post 19715692)

LOL, somewhere Mel Brooks is having a good chuckle. I will refrain from such hijinks.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-conten...spaceballs.gif

topflightpro 07-13-17 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by globecanvas (Post 19715692)

But:

http://deadspin.com/nbcsn-airs-cycli...hil-1796845268

Ygduf 07-13-17 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by miyata man (Post 19715020)
I was hoping to avoid a singular focus on penises this go round. Total exclusion is a big ask.

I touch a lot of penises these days. First thing in the morning, too.

globecanvas 07-13-17 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin (Post 19715719)
I'm tired, tired of being admired, aint it a cwying shame...

Really just free associating now, but if you haven't seen it, you should watch Paper Moon, which is an incredible movie, and marvel at Madeline Kahn's performance.

TheKillerPenguin 07-13-17 11:58 AM

Awesome, I'll give it a watch!

miyata man 07-13-17 03:43 PM

Fresh back from the Dr after some mold related pulmonary stuff started happening. Go figure after explaining my high level of cardio over the course of many years I fail to meet their stringent chart based criteria for someone in distress. Basically came home and dumped Clorox and Lysol into a humidifier and laid down to await test results at some date at least two weeks distant, posthumously.

globecanvas 07-14-17 12:31 PM

The local minor league soccer team just finished top of their division and the playoffs start tomorrow, and the whole area is going through the soccer version of Breaking Away where suddenly everyone is into it.

I was at a game last week with my brother in law and he pointed over to a spectator near us and said "is that your cycling nemesis?" The guy looked fit and maybe sort of like me but I didn't really know what he was talking about until I realized the guy's legs were shaved. But it's a soccer thing to shave your legs and arms and whole body. I don't know if the rando was a soccer guy or if hardcore fans shave themselves to look like the players or what.

LAJ 07-14-17 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by miyata man (Post 19716910)
Fresh back from the Dr after some mold related pulmonary stuff started happening. Go figure after explaining my high level of cardio over the course of many years I fail to meet their stringent chart based criteria for someone in distress. Basically came home and dumped Clorox and Lysol into a humidifier and laid down to await test results at some date at least two weeks distant, posthumously.

RIP @miyata man, prehumously.

Seriously, hope it gets resolved.

miyata man 07-14-17 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ygduf (Post 19716036)
I touch a lot of penises these days. First thing in the morning, too.

Hang in there. The babies grow teeth next. Sharp little razor teeth.

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 19719249)
RIP @miyata man, prehumously.

Seriously, hope it gets resolved.

Thank you for your concern. Not sure what the recovery length is on something like this, but my season that never started is well over now.

UmneyDurak 07-14-17 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by mattm (Post 19715012)
Only mistake was waiting this long!

Back of the thigh is tough.. dunno why but I can never quite get it right. Luckily nobody sees it.

Will try with fancy Gilette vibrating razor, if still sucks will just give up on back part. :lol:

Originally Posted by aaronmcd (Post 19715103)
You are dead to me.

:( But I understand.

miyata man 07-14-17 08:28 PM

If you've ever grown a beard you may have noticed it takes a few shaves before the process starts going smoothly again. Shave daily it gets very routine and unprickly. Same goes for your legs.

It also helps to use a natural oil on your legs straight out of the shower and dab it off with a towel right away. Smooth surfaces shave easier.

Ygduf 07-15-17 07:47 AM

I've been using nair and it's been delightful.

miyata man 07-15-17 09:14 AM

Dab a little around the adult penis you touch on a daily basis and clean those pipes out too. Nothing says delightful pampering like micro-dosing lye while melting away those pesky and heavy outer layers of skin.

Na'ir-do-well.

globecanvas 07-15-17 10:51 AM

I raced in the rain in brooklyn this morning and it was a fun race but a filthy mess. Afterwards everybody looked like they had rolled around on the floor of a tire shop. Something evil got in my throat on the last lap. Road chemicals? Dog ****? Rat poison? I've been hacking and wheezing for 4 hours now.

revchuck 07-15-17 11:32 AM

So...my "retirement job" is working in an LBS that handles Specialized and Giant. I had ordered an Allez Sprint frameset in chameleon purple and have been putting money aside based on its availability date on the dealer's website, now early September. On that website, there's an icon that shows up next to any item your shop has backordered. I checked the website yesterday to see if Specialized had again pushed back the availability date, and, lo and behold, the icon was gone. My first thought was that someone had canceled the backorder, but no one had. I called the inside rep at Specialized and she checked, and told me that it hadn't been canceled but rather had shipped. So much for my budgeting. :mad:

To add insult to injury - literally - I'm the new owner of four stainless steel screws in my left femur and a walker, thanks to a small hole in the road that I hit just wrong while riding with sweat-soaked gloves on top of the hoods. So I get to hobble around building the bike which will take at least twice as long, and then get to look at it for a month or so before I can ride it.

#firstworldproblems

tetonrider 07-15-17 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by revchuck (Post 19720914)
To add insult to injury - literally - I'm the new owner of four stainless steel screws in my left femur and a walker, thanks to a small hole in the road that I hit just wrong while riding with sweat-soaked gloves on top of the hoods. So I get to hobble around building the bike which will take at least twice as long, and then get to look at it for a month or so before I can ride it.

#firstworldproblems

I can relate... I had to disassemble a race bike and pack it while my femur was broken (but before I knew it). That was hell. Took forever, with searing pain.

Once the rod was in there, though, I was able to bear weight.

At least the new bike will be motivation for your recovery. Good luck!

miyata man 07-15-17 12:08 PM

I commiserate with you GC. After the first sentence I wanted to ask why you didn't stick around and watch the Formula E qualifying or race in Brooklyn today. Consider my recent experience a cautionary tale for dealing with such ailments and get a professional opinion sooner rather than later if it persists.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...pqxkukpri1.jpg

@revchuck, heal up and take solace that you'll at least have more time to relinquish funds into your bike parts account. Forget hobbling your way through a one hour job building it up. Wait until you are healthy and motivated to ride it.

mattm 07-15-17 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by revchuck (Post 19720914)

well that sucks. heal up

globecanvas 07-15-17 12:39 PM

@revchuck get well soon :(

Honestly if I were recovering from injury and unable to ride, I think it would lift my spirits to be able to take my time building up a cool new bike.