Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=248)
-   -   We really need a "like" button here in C&A (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=898462)

Mr. Beanz 06-28-13 04:55 PM

We really need a "like" button here in C&A

I bet it would motivate more Clydes to post. Heck, I've posted 500 bajillion pictures here and received maybe 3 or 4 "hey, that's great" responses.

I posted 60 pics over the weekend at a family wedding on FB. I got about 250 "likes" in about 3 hours.

I can see why more people are making the switch to FB. :D

TrojanHorse 06-28-13 05:12 PM

I think facebook needs a dislike button. :crash:

I like your last 50 videos though. :P

tunavic 06-28-13 05:14 PM

I watch all your videos Beanz and I pay special attention when they go slow motion :thumb:

Mr. Beanz 06-28-13 05:46 PM

Hahahaha! :D

goldfinch 06-28-13 06:47 PM

I agree. A like button would be better than the notifications feature.

Mr. Beanz 06-28-13 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by goldfinch (Post 15794705)
I agree. A like button would be better than the notifications feature.

Yeah, that quote notification alert box window get in my way thingy is pretty annoying. :p

Another cycling forum has the "likes/thanks" feature and it's pretty cool. Too bad it's pretty much an all MTB forum.

Bluish Green 06-28-13 07:21 PM

*like*

psalm 06-28-13 10:39 PM

http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-thum...ii1rnCXiS.jpeg

Mr. Beanz 06-28-13 10:54 PM

:roflmao:

bigfred 06-28-13 11:16 PM

I "like" that you think about the community and what would improve it.

Shellyrides 06-28-13 11:55 PM

"like"

Mr. Beanz 06-29-13 12:37 AM

:eek:....:D

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ps0034bbf4.jpg

Pamestique 06-29-13 06:05 AM

Don't get Facebook and don't get why people need validation. Post the photos or videos - who cares if they are liked or not. Frankly I am all pissed up with this new function about quotes and stuff... I could care less if someone quotes me - "hoooo I am all important now!" good grief - junk mail!

How's that for an early morning granny rant?

making 06-29-13 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Pamestique (Post 15795694)
Don't get Facebook and don't get why people need validation. Post the photos or videos - who cares if they are liked or not. Frankly I am all pissed up with this new function about quotes and stuff... I could care less if someone quotes me - "hoooo I am all important now!" good grief - junk mail!

Mr. Beanz 06-29-13 09:37 AM

I don't see much from you other than a post here and there, mostly granny rants. I guess if you made the effort to take 3+ hours minimum to create each video, you'd see things differently.

Validation? Oh you mean like that post you had some time back boasting about beating some little 14 y/o kid on Back Bay? That was when you were riding the Lemond, before you posted your new bike pics and detailed specs all over the forums. :innocent:..........:roflmao2:

Chitown_Mike 06-29-13 09:47 AM

Like #2 heehehehehehe

But I think, just do Beanz can feel special, we all constantly quote him as "likes" for his post.

Chitown_Mike 06-29-13 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz (Post 15794377)
I bet it would motivate more Clydes to post. Heck, I've posted 500 bajillion pictures here and received maybe 3 or 4 "hey, that's great" responses.

I posted 60 pics over the weekend at a family wedding on FB. I got about 250 "likes" in about 3 hours.

Like this....LIKE

Chitown_Mike 06-29-13 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Chitown_Mike (Post 15796132)
Like #2 heehehehehehe

But I think, just do Beanz can feel special, we all constantly quote him as "likes" for his post.

Wait....when did we get hash tags? #score #beanzisawesome #chicagorules

bigfred 06-29-13 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Chitown_Mike (Post 15796132)
Like #2 heehehehehehe

"Like" Do you mean like this?VVV

Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz (Post 15795324)
:roflmao:

Or, this?

Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz (Post 15794520)
Hahahaha! :D

Or, this?

Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz (Post 15794377)

Or, most importantly, THIS?VVVVV

Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz (Post 15794794)
Yeah, that quote notification alert box window get in my way thingy is pretty annoying. :p

Another cycling forum has the "likes/thanks" feature and it's pretty cool. Too bad it's pretty much an all MTB forum.

There ya' go Beanz!

chasm54 06-29-13 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz (Post 15796114)
I don't see much from you other than a post here and there, mostly granny rants. I guess if you made the effort to take 3+ hours minimum to create each video, you'd see things differently.

Validation? Oh you mean like that post you had some time back boasting about beating some little 14 y/o kid on Back Bay? That was when you were riding the Lemond, before you posted your new bike pics and detailed specs all over the forums. :innocent:..........:roflmao2:

Pretty ungracious. If you want appreciation, I'd say an anonymous internet forum isn't the best place to look. Personally I never bother to look at the videos people post, I'm here for what interests me, not to gratify their (your) desire for applause.

WTG, Pam, you're absolutely on the money.

goldfinch 06-29-13 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by chasm54 (Post 15796759)
Pretty ungracious. If you want appreciation, I'd say an anonymous internet forum isn't the best place to look. Personally I never bother to look at the videos people post, I'm here for what interests me, not to gratify their (your) desire for applause.

WTG, Pam, you're absolutely on the money.

Beanz was unfair to Pam, who has helped me more than once.

I do though like the idea of a "thanks" or "like" button. Not for the applause but for feedback. If you post videos or pictures that don't tend to get many comments and you also don't get any likes that may tell you that you are on the wrong track. The sticky threads often have people making their first post, an ability to like those posts may encourage additional posts. Feedback is good.

I was an admin on a forum that added a "thanks" button, it was well received and well used. Even more well used than the "ignore" function. :)

Condorita 06-29-13 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by goldfinch (Post 15797098)
Beanz was unfair to Pam, who has helped me more than once.

I do though like the idea of a "thanks" or "like" button. Not for the applause but for feedback. If you post videos or pictures that don't tend to get many comments and you also don't get any likes that may tell you that you are on the wrong track. The sticky threads often have people making their first post, an ability to like those posts may encourage additional posts. Feedback is good.

I was an admin on a forum that added a "thanks" button, it was well received and well used. Even more well used than the "ignore" function. :)

We'll have to agree to disagree. I saw nothing wrong in Beanz' call-out of Pam: it was right on the money.

Oh, and Pam: it's couldn't care less, not could care less.

Mr. Beanz 06-29-13 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by chasm54 (Post 15796759)
Pretty ungracious. If you want appreciation, I'd say an anonymous internet forum isn't the best place to look.

Originally Posted by goldfinch (Post 15797098)

So one of you doesn't know what they are talking about. :innocent:

Mr. Beanz 06-29-13 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Condorita (Post 15797330)
I saw nothing wrong in Beanz' call-out of Pam: it was right on the money.

Oh, and Pam: it's couldn't care less, not could care less.

I knew this image would come in handy! :D

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ps0034bbf4.jpg

Bent Bill 06-29-13 08:40 PM

I think a like and dislike buttons are a good Idea
Most all people that have been here any length of time have learned just about
every thing they need to know about bikes

as every subject has for the most part been beat to death dozens of times

Myself and Im sure most others that are here now just come for the entertainment

And it would be good for Beanz and others that post the entertainment to know if the rest of us like it or not
people need feed back good/bad or why bother

I myself think Beanz is secretly using us as guinea pigs to practice his film editing skills on
before he moves to Hollywood and becomes rich and famous :D