Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXIX (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1209045)

BillyD 08-01-20 07:35 AM

Addiction LXXIX
 
Month 6 of the pandemic, and people are getting loonier and loonier.

But on a lighter note ...


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...99cd37fa7.jpeg

LesterOfPuppets 08-01-20 07:39 AM

Hi

Velo Vol 08-01-20 07:41 AM

Oh, now we change threads.

seedsbelize 08-01-20 07:47 AM

#channelingtrainsnorter
I was out in the woodshop, in my sandals(my everyday footwear) and noticed some blood on my foot. Upon closer examination it looks like I stepped in a puddle of blood. I was mostly up on the ladder adjusting the fan.

seedsbelize 08-01-20 07:50 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21618285)
Hi

Last and first! Has that been done before? Certainly not in my brief tenure.
Kudos

BillyD 08-01-20 07:57 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21618245)
Front right trim ring missing.

What’s a trim ring?

I wanted to keep that car forever but the Achilles heel for that car was rust. Even so, it was at least ‘97 before I had to give up on that car.

BillyD 08-01-20 07:57 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21618290)
Oh, now we change threads.

Reported for complaining.

kissTheApex 08-01-20 09:04 AM

Hi, what’s this thread about?

kissTheApex 08-01-20 09:04 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21618276)
Month 6 of the pandemic, and people are getting loonier and loonier.

But on a lighter note ...


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...99cd37fa7.jpeg

:twitchy:

DougRNS 08-01-20 09:08 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21618276)
Month 6 of the pandemic, and people are getting loonier and loonier.

But on a lighter note ...


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...99cd37fa7.jpeg

prolly to advance the tape past the leader so it will not miss any of the recording.

I have a bunch of TDK SA90 cassettes. I still can play them too. Going on 40 years old, that is unimaginable. Good thing I recorded them when I was 2.

DougRNS 08-01-20 09:10 AM


Originally Posted by billyd (Post 21618315)
reported for being obtuse complaining.

fify

DougRNS 08-01-20 09:11 AM


Originally Posted by kissTheApex (Post 21618359)
Hi, whatís this thread about?

that's @datlas's line. He must be out Everesting.

Bah Humbug 08-01-20 09:17 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21618276)
Month 6 of the pandemic, and people are getting loonier and loonier.

But on a lighter note ...


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...99cd37fa7.jpeg

I'm 37 and know about that.

Bah Humbug 08-01-20 09:29 AM

Full Ulysses this morning. Best I've felt out there in a week, at least. And fast, despite having the summer balaclava on.

https://www.strava.com/activities/3848528592/overview

DougRNS 08-01-20 09:30 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 21618364)
prolly to advance the tape past the leader so it will not miss any of the recording.

I have a bunch of TDK SA90 cassettes. I still can play them too. Going on 40 years old, that is unimaginable. Good thing I recorded them when I was 2.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...cf0d00c5af.jpg
This was in the player.

indyfabz 08-01-20 09:30 AM

Iím really tired of this heat and humidity. 21 days of 90+ in July. Today will be a bit better, but back to 100+ heat index tomorrow. Managed to get in about 30 this morning.

Sue me for complaining.

MoAlpha 08-01-20 09:56 AM

I wasn’t done with the old thread!

Contrary to what I thought, time in HR zone was underestimating my training load by at least 10%, even in the heat. I’m at 697 for the week and this has been a relatively light one. That should be plenty for an old crock, such as I.

Bah Humbug 08-01-20 10:19 AM

So my latest thought, gravel-bike-wise, is to get someone like Rock Lobster or Cicli Barco to make a steel frame with the geometry of the Aspero. I like that geometry better than most, but can decide on clearance and get a threaded BB. And routing.

rjones28 08-01-20 11:03 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21618313)
Whatís a trim ring?

I wanted to keep that car forever but the Achilles heel for that car was rust. Even so, it was at least Ď97 before I had to give up on that car.

The chrome thing around the outside of the wheel. Your rear wheel has one in that picture.

rjones28 08-01-20 11:04 AM


Originally Posted by kissTheApex (Post 21618359)
Hi, whatís this thread about?

Complaints.

BillyD 08-01-20 11:07 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 21618364)
Going on 40 years old, that is unimaginable. Good thing I recorded them when I was 2.

Uh huh.

BillyD 08-01-20 11:09 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 21618387)

Well, since you were only 2 obviously your mom & dad were grooving. :twitchy:

BillyD 08-01-20 11:12 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21618505)
The chrome thing around the outside of the wheel. Your rear wheel has one in that picture.

I'm pretty sure it was there, it's just the light hitting that wheel differently.

seedsbelize 08-01-20 11:26 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21618386)
Full Ulysses this morning. Best I've felt out there in a week, at least. And fast, despite having the summer balaclava on.

https://www.strava.com/activities/3848528592/overview

I also was full of piss and vinegar this morning, but I worked indoors, helping the little woman put her kitchen back together after the granite install. Is it normal for the granite installers to also install the under counter sink? I certainly didn't expect it.

seedsbelize 08-01-20 11:27 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21618419)
I wasnít done with the old thread!

Contrary to what I thought, time in HR zone was underestimating my training load by at least 10%, even in the heat. Iím at 697 for the week and this has been a relatively light one. That should be plenty for an old crock, such as I.

Miles? Kudos

genejockey 08-01-20 11:30 AM

Having discovered that the Salsa CroMoto stem on my Ritchey had been recalled - apparently shortly after I bought it 12 years ago!! - I spent a goodly chunk of last evening replacing the bars and stem. The Salsa stem was a 120mm, paired with a Salsa "Short and Shallow" bar with 82mm reach. The stem I replaced it with is the original 130mm Ritchey that came with the bike back in 1996, and I just happened to have a black SOMA Highway 1 with 75mm reach. I figured between the longer stem and shorter reach, I'd end up close to the same place. I set the brifters based on 'tips level with end of drops'. and pointed the drops midway between seat collar and brakes. That's the starting point...

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a512b4ea39.jpg

abshipp 08-01-20 11:30 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21618300)
#channelingtrainsnorter
I was out in the woodshop, in my sandals(my everyday footwear) and noticed some blood on my foot. Upon closer examination it looks like I stepped in a puddle of blood. I was mostly up on the ladder adjusting the fan.

Similarly, on my recent trip to northern WI, my wife and I took a short paddle in a tandem kayak.

When I got out there was fresh blood on my shoes, but no evidence of it's source :foo:

abshipp 08-01-20 11:33 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21618386)
Full Ulysses this morning. Best I've felt out there in a week, at least. And fast, despite having the summer balaclava on.

Ditto :bday:

Except I didn't feel that great...and I was slow...but hey, that was the longest I've ever spent on the shiny bike since I've owned it.

And I finally broke 1k on it :)

abshipp 08-01-20 11:36 AM

I did end up climbing to the highest glaciated point in the state of Illinois, so that was neat to discover


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4144a140d7.jpg

seedsbelize 08-01-20 11:38 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21618447)
So my latest thought, gravel-bike-wise, is to get someone like Rock Lobster or Cicli Barco to make a steel frame with the geometry of the Aspero. I like that geometry better than most, but can decide on clearance and get a threaded BB. And routing.

I'm configuring my 1980 Trek 414 as a gravel bike. Originally set up for 27" wheels, and with 44cm chainstays, it is said to accept 45mm tires in the 622 size. I'll do some checking and might just settle for 38mm, which I know it will take.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.