Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Rapha wont sell to me (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1211219)

mstateglfr 08-24-20 03:37 PM

Rapha wont sell to me

Deleted.

GlennR 08-24-20 03:40 PM

Feel better?

WhyFi 08-24-20 03:48 PM

It was probably sold out on Saturday, which is why you couldn't get to the shipping bit; that or one of the data fields was borked. Anyway, they get hammered during their bigger sales - stuff goes fast and/or they sometimes have small quantities. I picked up a couple things, some casual pants and a merino shirt, but a half dozen things that I'd saved the previous evening were gone after I'd slept on it. Oh, and this was with Chrome, which is the only browser I use, so I don't know what that was all about.

cb400bill 08-24-20 03:55 PM

Gender and title requirement?

mstateglfr 08-24-20 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by GlennR (Post 21658931)
Feel better?

A little.
I thought it was a bit humorous as a follow up to the rapha divisive thread from a couple weeks ago.
But then edited since its now sorta fixed.

tomato coupe 08-24-20 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by cb400bill (Post 21658954)

I've also had trouble ordering from Rapha -- my orders get rejected when I use my given title, Grand Poobah.

mstateglfr 08-24-20 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by cb400bill (Post 21658954)

Mr, Mrs, Dr, etc.

Basically I'm dumb for not realizing I had to select it. At the same time, it didn't tell me a field was missing. Also, I dont remember the last time I filled in Mr, Mrs, Ms, etc since its seemingly never required.
And its archaic at this point in society.
Does everyone but me still fill that field in?

But its a British brand so there is that.

InvertedMP 08-24-20 04:16 PM

Alllllllllllllllllllllrighty then.

Sy Reene 08-24-20 05:06 PM

Data is money. If you supply a simple title that likely has 90+% confidence level of telling any future list purchaser what sex you are (more assuredly than a first name), it's a more valuable database than another that doesn't have this.

datlas 08-24-20 05:50 PM

Couldn’t lift your pinky high enough when you drink??

MoAlpha 08-24-20 06:13 PM

I went to the Rapha store for some “kit,” but they took one look and told me I was too elite.

Bah Humbug 08-24-20 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sy Reene (Post 21659079)
Data is money. If you supply a simple title that likely has 90+% confidence level of telling any future list purchaser what sex you are (more assuredly than a first name), it's a more valuable database than another that doesn't have this.

Lie like a rug.

nomadmax 08-25-20 04:25 AM

Rapha = Wal-Mart right? Lemme guess, you weren't in pajamas with 5" of plumber's crack showing and wearing house slippers ?

guadzilla 08-25-20 06:28 AM

I am annoyed for not ordering some stuff earlier - the pink casual tee with black lettering is now out of stock in my size. Damnation.

Reflector Guy 08-25-20 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by mstateglfr (Post 21658972)
At the same time, it didn't tell me a field was missing.

I've been burned a few times when I'm missing a certain field, and they try to alert me of it by changing the one-pixel wide box around that field from black to red. Sure, I might notice that.... If I keep a magnifying glass here by my desk!

WhyFi 08-25-20 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by guadzilla (Post 21659762)
I am annoyed for not ordering some stuff earlier - the pink casual tee with black lettering is now out of stock in my size. Damnation.

That shirt has been in my Wish List basket for more than a year; it's perpetually on sale and seemingly never goes out of stock in an L. I'll eventually get one when I find a deal on something and need a little extra to get me over the free shipping hump (until then I have that T in Navy with pink lettering)

Tycho Brahe 08-25-20 07:32 AM

Mr, Mrs, Dr, etc.

Basically I'm dumb for not realizing I had to select it. At the same time, it didn't tell me a field was missing. Also, I dont remember the last time I filled in Mr, Mrs, Ms, etc since its seemingly never required.
And its archaic at this point in society.
Does everyone but me still fill that field in?

I just got bit by this too last night. Changed browser, stopped using incognito mode (which I do when using my credit card), nothing worked. The Title field? So silly.

guadzilla 08-25-20 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21659844)
That shirt has been in my Wish List basket for more than a year; it's perpetually on sale and seemingly never goes out of stock in an L. I'll eventually get one when I find a deal on something and need a little extra to get me over the free shipping hump (until then I have that T in Navy with pink lettering)

Ha, that was my undoing as well. I wanted the t-shirt (and now i want the navy with pink lettering too!) and couldnt find a Core jersey in my size and in a color that I liked to get me to the $150 free shipping mark. I guess Rapha was forcing me to buy their more expensive jerseys - but it is against my religious beliefs to pay $100 or more for a jersey except under very special circumstances.

WhyFi 08-25-20 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by guadzilla (Post 21660256)
Ha, that was my undoing as well. I wanted the t-shirt (and now i want the navy with pink lettering too!) and couldnt find a Core jersey in my size and in a color that I liked to get me to the $150 free shipping mark. I guess Rapha was forcing me to buy their more expensive jerseys - but it is against my religious beliefs to pay $100 or more for a jersey except under very special circumstances.

$150 for free shipping? Ouch. What country are you in? It's $75 in the US. Not that the $5 standard shipping charge is much of a burden, but still, I'm a dummy like that.

guadzilla 08-25-20 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21660268)
$150 for free shipping? Ouch. What country are you in? It's $75 in the US. Not that the $5 standard shipping charge is much of a burden, but still, I'm a dummy like that.

India. It's the same to Malaysia or Singapore - other options for me to have it shipped (well, under normal circumstances anyway) - so it appears to be standard for all of Asia. Otherwise, it is $15. Which, come to think of it, is quite cheap for DHL Express shipping.

Athens80 08-26-20 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by nomadmax (Post 21659665)
Rapha = Wal-Mart right? Lemme guess, you weren't in pajamas with 5" of plumber's crack showing and wearing house slippers ?

Members of the Walton family have done some things for cycling. Here are a couple of references:
https://www.waltonfamilyfoundation.org/stories/trails
https://www.wsj.com/articles/cycling...oz-11563473138

wipekitty 08-26-20 09:53 PM

Mr, Mrs, Dr, etc.

I've noticed this more frequently when dealing with British companies. Fortunately, I spent long enough in school to use 'Dr' - no pigeonholing my gender, ha!

guadzilla 08-28-20 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21659844)

So the pink tee is back in stock in my size, but you've planted the desire for the navy/pink one as well - which is still out of stock. *grumble grumble*

WhyFi 08-28-20 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by guadzilla (Post 21665948)
So the pink tee is back in stock in my size, but you've planted the desire for the navy/pink one as well - which is still out of stock. *grumble grumble*

Lol. There's always next time.

edited to add: BTW, they must pick stock from different warehouses - I'm seeing the Navy/Pink in stock from XS through XL.

WhyFi 08-28-20 11:56 AM

Oh, and my Rapha order arrived the other day. Mechanics slim fit pants were bigger than expected - already sent them back for a smaller pair. The rose colored merino base layer is as expected, though a tad long. It'll go nicely under my merino sweaters (Dusty Pink crew neck and Navy LS polo) when autumn arrives. If any of their merino sweaters pops up - get them. They're awesome.