Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   You got this! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1179509)

Helderberg 07-27-19 12:32 PM

You got this!

On a ride today after not being out in about 6 days so I wanted to get at least 15 in. I decided to ride my compass route, obviously N-S-E-W, which gets me about 7.6 so I was going to do it twice. Second time up this 100 yd long hill I spot a family of 6 crossing the road ahead of me heading for the village pool. No chance they will be in my way so I keep up my cadance and my head down. About 3/4 of the way up I here the voice of the 8-9 year old boy yell "You Got This." I looked over, smiled and saw by the expression on his face that he was not busting on me, he was serious. As I crested the hill I quietly said to myself, Yes, I have got this. I had a great rest of my ride and hit 15.4. Went home and had a cold drink, played with the dog and smiled.
Frank.

OldTryGuy 07-27-19 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Helderberg (Post 21047413)
On a ride today after not being out in about 6 days so I wanted to get at least 15 in. I decided to ride my compass route, obviously N-S-E-W, which gets me about 7.6 so I was going to do it twice. Second time up this 100 yd long hill I spot a family of 6 crossing the road ahead of me heading for the village pool. No chance they will be in my way so I keep up my cadance and my head down. About 3/4 of the way up I here the voice of the 8-9 year old boy yell "You Got This." I looked over, smiled and saw by the expression on his face that he was not busting on me, he was serious. As I crested the hill I quietly said to myself, Yes, I have got this. I had a great rest of my ride and hit 15.4. Went home and had a cold drink, played with the dog and smiled.
Frank.

Next time make it 3 laps. YOU CAN HANDLE IT!! :thumb:

Helderberg 07-27-19 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldTryGuy (Post 21047496)
Next time make it 3 laps. YOU CAN HANDLE IT!! :thumb:

Funny you should post that. I was thinking the same thing.
Thanks, Frank.

Mmassey338 07-28-19 03:44 AM

Great example of how we can have a positive impact on those around us!
Thanks for sharing.

talphie 07-28-19 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Helderberg (Post 21047413)
Frank.

Thanks for sharing. Very nice comment from seemingly very nice 8-9 year old boy. Oh, and by the way, nice ride! Keep it going!

bruce19 07-29-19 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mmassey338 (Post 21048165)
Great example of how we can have a positive impact on those around us!
Thanks for sharing.

Words create the story and the story creates reality.