Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Forum Suggestions & User Assistance (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Reply problem (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1172635)

mixteup 05-10-19 08:01 AM

Reply problem

Suddenly started having a problem - Can't submit or even preview a thread reply - Font functions also stopped working - Tried it on 2 different computers - Same issue

Any advice ?

Beats me, that THIS reply worked, but the regular forum won't?

IBRyan 05-10-19 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by mixteup (Post 20922922)
Suddenly started having a problem - Can't submit or even preview a thread reply - Font functions also stopped working - Tried it on 2 different computers - Same issue

Any advice ?

Beats me, that THIS reply worked, but the regular forum won't?

What browser and version of the site did you use? Also, if you can, please send screenshots of this issue.

mixteup 05-10-19 10:02 AM

Found out it's a Firefox issue, it works fine on Chrome.
Firefox is getting worse with every update .......

mixteup 05-10-19 10:17 AM

Using NG on a PC -
There is only a problem in Firefox

IBRyan 05-10-19 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by mixteup (Post 20923116)
Found out it's a Firefox issue, it works fine on Chrome.
Firefox is getting worse with every update .......

Originally Posted by mixteup (Post 20923145)
Using NG on a PC -
There is only a problem in Firefox

I am currently using Firefox to respond to you and am not experiencing the same issues? Could it be your cookies and cache not being cleared or something on your computer?

Rollfast 05-10-19 07:19 PM

Firefox has received TWO updates in the last week related to broken add-ons and themes and you should have 66.0.5 installed now.

If you don't have FF set to automatically update do so manually by clicking on the three lines (hamburger) icon and choosing Help and then About, which will trigger the updating (click the button to start it) and it will close and reopen the browser.

When you have problems like this it is often FF trying to tell you something, so heed it.

mixteup 05-12-19 08:07 AM

Firefox is up to date.
I think I fixed it - It was an ad blocker issue. Seems OK now, as I've already done a couple replies.
Thanks for looking.

Rollfast 05-12-19 07:30 PM

You probably needed to reload as it was affected by the FF glitch originally, no?

IBRyan 05-13-19 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Rollfast (Post 20924071)
Firefox has received TWO updates in the last week related to broken add-ons and themes and you should have 66.0.5 installed now.

If you don't have FF set to automatically update do so manually by clicking on the three lines (hamburger) icon and choosing Help and then About, which will trigger the updating (click the button to start it) and it will close and reopen the browser.

When you have problems like this it is often FF trying to tell you something, so heed it.

Originally Posted by mixteup (Post 20925784)
Firefox is up to date.
I think I fixed it - It was an ad blocker issue. Seems OK now, as I've already done a couple replies.
Thanks for looking.

Originally Posted by Rollfast (Post 20926741)
You probably needed to reload as it was affected by the FF glitch originally, no?

thank you @Rollfast for your help and I am glad it is working now @mixteup

mixteup 05-13-19 10:18 AM

I did "refresh" FF, and re-configured some things - Firefox works in mysterious ways .........
Thanks for your help - At least it helped convince me I wasn't crazy