Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Masters Racing (All Disciplines) (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=317)
-   -   Post your current or future Zwift rides here (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1041374)

Racer Ex 12-12-15 03:10 PM

Post your current or future Zwift rides here

Come join VG and me.

valygrl 12-12-15 08:22 PM

:giver:

sarals 12-13-15 02:22 PM

Crap, I missed it! I was outside getting rained on. But I did do pace and SF2...

valygrl 12-13-15 05:40 PM

Shoot! Another time.

It's remarkably like racing IRL. I totally forgot I was on my trainer.

sarals 12-13-15 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by valygrl (Post 18386889)
Shoot! Another time.

It's remarkably like racing IRL. I totally forgot I was on my trainer.

Now isn't that cool! But, you do have a smart trainer, right? I wonder if it would be that immersive on my stone age trainer?

valygrl 12-13-15 10:58 PM

Slightly less, but still pretty good. If you are racing someone or trying to stay on a wheel, the focus on staying with them helps keep your head in the game. The main thing that is missing is the feedback of the resistance changing on the hills, so you have to pay closer attention to changes in pace around you so you don't get dropped. Even with the smart trainer I was watching Ex's w/kg pretty close so I could react to any attacks.

I got dropped anyway.

I haven't done it very much yet, I think you probably learn course features too, that affect the race.

sarals 12-14-15 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by valygrl (Post 18387509)
Slightly less, but still pretty good. If you are racing someone or trying to stay on a wheel, the focus on staying with them helps keep your head in the game. The main thing that is missing is the feedback of the resistance changing on the hills, so you have to pay closer attention to changes in pace around you so you don't get dropped. Even with the smart trainer I was watching Ex's w/kg pretty close so I could react to any attacks.

I got dropped anyway.

I haven't done it very much yet, I think you probably learn course features too, that affect the race.

That happens to me ANYTIME I ride with him in the real world.

Please do let me know when you're going to Zwift again...I'll try to be there!

sarals 12-18-15 08:15 PM

0630 PST tomorrow I'll be Zwifting. Look for me, if you care to....

valygrl 12-19-15 10:13 AM

And I was thinking you meant PM, :)

Tomorrow maybe, looks like a morning-zwift, afternoon-cruise-on-dirt-roads day.

Originally Posted by sarals (Post 18400041)
0630 PST tomorrow I'll be Zwifting. Look for me, if you care to....

sarals 12-19-15 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by valygrl (Post 18400833)
And I was thinking you meant PM, :)

Tomorrow maybe, looks like a morning-zwift, afternoon-cruise-on-dirt-roads day.

I'm used to using that 24 hour clock. It's a pilot thing!

I did Watopia this morning, and texted Ex a photo of whooped me right after. That was freakin' hard! I'm riding a dumb trainer. I have to learn how to ride that virtual world, as you said, VG, it is immersive. I was distracted by the other riders, I wasn't smooth (no resistance change), I didn't warm up properly (at all, really), I didn't have a fan, and I did the ride in my bedroom - which is tiny. Then there is my computer - it's an old 17 inch MacBook Pro, plenty fast enough, but I put it on a little foldup tray table in front of the bike, and it's way below my line of sight.

So, I've got some corrections to make.

Needless to say, I blew today's scheduled workout all to hell....

valygrl 12-19-15 03:52 PM

No fan, gnarly!!

shovelhd 12-20-15 07:55 PM

I didn't see this because I wasn't subscribed. Keep them coming.

sarals 12-21-15 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by valygrl (Post 18401453)
No fan, gnarly!!

Totally! And I did it again this morning! Even worse...

valygrl 12-23-15 08:19 AM

I'll be on Zwift Saturday & Sunday - if anyone wants to try to line up a time to ride.

sarals 12-23-15 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by valygrl (Post 18409528)
I'll be on Zwift Saturday & Sunday - if anyone wants to try to line up a time to ride.

Maybe, but I might be in Las Vegas instead....

shovelhd 12-23-15 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by sarals (Post 18409738)

Visiting El Rancho Exo?

VG Sunday is out and I'm planning on riding with the club on Saturday but plans change. I'm three hours ahead so let me know what you are thinking about time wise.

valygrl 12-23-15 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by sarals (Post 18409738)

Ride the Red Rocks loop!

valygrl 12-23-15 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by shovelhd (Post 18409865)
Visiting El Rancho Exo?

VG Sunday is out and I'm planning on riding with the club on Saturday but plans change. I'm three hours ahead so let me know what you are thinking about time wise.

TBD, will let you know, or if there is critical mass to have a group ride can be flexible.

valygrl 01-06-16 07:31 PM

1/6, 6:30mountain time: Heading over to the island in a half hour or so, after an excruciatingly long work day that made me miss my computrainer class. if anyone else is on, PM me for my real name and pull me around for a few laps. :)

shovelhd 01-06-16 08:41 PM

Bummer I missed you again. I was on the WWR ride.

Racer Ex 01-06-16 08:45 PM

I saw you. Turned around but missed the default turn button. By that time folks were gone.

shovelhd 01-06-16 08:55 PM

I was doing fine, right at the front of a huge field, then all of a sudden in the middle of the first dirt section, my bike took a right turn into the lake. I rode across the lake but by the time I got to the road on the other side the group had :34 on me. I chased gamely but it was futile trying to make up 30s on a group going 3.5 ewang.

valygrl 01-07-16 08:43 AM

Sorry I missed you guys. 107 TSS in 1:30, which includes the warmup & cooldown. Tired legs this morning, yay zwift!

valygrl 01-08-16 10:45 PM

Riding in the virtual world this weekend, since the real world is covered with cold white slippery stuff again.

Saturday I have some tempo intervals, flexible timing, Sunday a group ride or race on Zwift. Anyone doing anything in particular Sunday?

shovelhd 01-09-16 08:08 AM

The weather and roads are crap out here so I will be on both days. Today I'm going to shoot for the 11:30amEST Colorado fast group ride, but I'm not going to bury myself. If I fall off I fall off. Tomorrow I am on a mission to buy Mrs. Shovel a new car so the options are early morning or late afternoon. I'd like to try the 5pmEST Tempo St. Louis. Would that work?