Old 03-14-10, 01:01 AM
buck mulligan
I'm shovel-ready!

Bikes: Raleigh Sports All-Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Okay, I know that everyone wants to drop the whole son/daughter thing, and I do too - but first, as the guy who first mentioned sons and so opened the floodgates, I just have one thing to say:

I certainly did not mean to imply that boys bear less responsibility for, shall we say, unfortunate occurrences than do girls. By extension, the parents of boys are likewise as responsible as the parents of girls. All I was trying to get at is the special father/daughter relationship, which I've observed in so many friends of mine (often quite enviously), and the emotional extremes it can lead to. I don't have that same sort of intense, extreme relationship with my son, although I can see that my wife does. Everything you guys are saying about your daughters, my wife says about our son. Meanwhile, I get to enjoy a much lower-key sort of relationship, much like the one that I suspect some of you guys' daughters have with their mothers. And that's all I was getting at.

Now, let's get back to talking about bikes. And someone else better jump in here, because if it's up to me, all I have to talk about is the SA hub I rebuilt tonight - and I'm sure that no one wants to hear about that!