Old 09-18-10, 07:32 PM
Creek Dweller

Bikes: Schwinn Trailway

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need More Research

......eeeeeeehhh....... I keep hearing this "Then you are allergic to something within the maltodextrin"..... thang. I have a pretty severe reaction to the maltodextrin - ALL maltodextrin. I am NOT allergic to corn. I do not test allergic to wheat, I don't seem to react to wheat, but do have a respiratory issue with wheat breads for some reason, however I can eat non-yeast wheat items without issue- cereals, crackers, pretzels - I use whole wheat tortillas for sandwiches and such. I love whole wheat products and am not reactive, nor to rices. I had initially had reactions to maltitol, that dietetic sweetener carrying the warning, "Caution: Excessive consumption can have a laxative effect," when I realized that I was reacting without excessive consumption. I do NOT have ANY reaction to any corn or corn products. I eat lots of potatoes and rice. Maltodextrin poops me raw. Go figure.

That said, I urge you to rally. Today I started a Facebook page entitled Maltodextrin Intolerance Awareness. It is for information, links, discussion, support, public education, awareness, and hopefully to get more people with the same problem communicating in one location. It's a start anyhow. The articles I am finding online are pretty pathetic IMHO and full of false information.