View Single Post
Old 09-21-10, 05:49 PM
cranky old dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BikerJoeP
Perhaps it is time to step back and say "who really cares what the aforementioned are capable of doing". It seems to me that those who have to come here and tell us of their marvelous physical feats are similar to those who go out and buy a new Corvette or a Porsche Carerra when they turn 50. Can you say...."Mid life Crisis"??
There are great bikes and there are powerful cars. Sometimes they're piloted by someone who realy does know how to handle the machine that they have. Unfortunately those great match-ups are very rare. Expensive bikes and cars often are owned by folks with way more money than handling skills. Trouble is, ya never know for sure who is who so it's best to assume that the next guy you see is gonna blow your doors off with his fancy machine.

Though it is a truely rare occasion indeed, it is a thrill to watch when the skilled cyclist or driver takes their machine to it's operating limits regardless of the age of the cyclist or driver. It's fun to read about too, at least I enjoy it. Just saying.

Oh yeah, I won't be passing anybody on my Mtn. Bike or in my S-10...so if you see me in your rear-view it's probably because you passed me and I was going so slow you didn't even see me there!