View Single Post
Old 05-11-05, 11:31 AM
jrcln

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi,

I dont know if youve purchased a recumbent yet or not, but this may be of value to other readers also. There have been at least FIVE actionbent seat failures in the past few weeks. On a few of them, staples are pulling out,,who ever heard of staples being used in a recumbent seat anyways except for bike E and they are gone now. Also there have been three total seat failures , broken frames of seats in the last month. The guys that have had these failures are mostly reported to be fixing these things themselves, so much for the much ballyhooed three year warranty. But hey, thats what Ive been saying all along. Those bikes are not much more than a very poor copy of other recumbents as far as engineering of the frameset goes. . I also would like to take this opportunity to change my position on buying used actionbents also. At this point it looks like any of these bikes are suspiciously poorly built, just because someone else has tried to assemble the thing doesnt mean that the basic bike was improved by such assembly. Those of you who have avoided buying these elcheapo bikes because of my posts, you owe me, haha.

John, if youve got a criticism of my posts, would you please send me a private email thru this site, perhaps I will be able to demonstrate what the specifics are of my posts on this matter.

Last edited by jrcln; 05-11-05 at 11:36 AM. Reason: spelling