Old 10-11-10, 05:24 PM
deep_sky

Bikes: 2012 Scott CR1 Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tandem130
We ride pretty much upright, it's not a road bike.
Most tandems are somewhat upgright in position as the stoker would have their face in the captain's butt otherwise

I'm not a skinny girl, looking for a Large bike short.
5'8" ~160 lbs here (started cycling at 185). Right now I wear a Large in most shorts. I started out with XL, and by the time I hit 170, I had to drop down as the shorts were too large and not holding the chamois in place, causing chafing. You want a short that will keep the chamois in place, or you might as well not bother. Contrary to what the Freds and prudes like to tell you, you do need a short that is mostly skin tight. For women there are skorts (a short legged short with a skirt over it) if you are one of those prudes . In addition, there are mountain bike shorts, which are baggy with a padded liner inside. Personally I would go with standard shorts that are skin tight (fitted, but not so tight you look like you were vacusealed into your shorts). Remember that you wear no underwear with cycling shorts. It doesn't feel right the first couple of times, but underwear will cause chafing along the seams and edges, and reduce the short's ability to wick moisure away.