BossCat
Trailer Nut

Bikes: Viking Urban Trail. Schwinn Spoiler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
BossCat's Spoiler

Just goes to show the old saying (Things come to those who wait) is true. I spent months looking for the right set of handlebars without any luck then last week out of the blue a pair popped up on ebay.

Western Handlebars 12" Rise 30" Width. New
£4.99
£4.41 Postage.

At that price I couldn't press the confirm bid fast enough. They arrived during the week so I spent some time today fitting them along with my new seat that arrived last week.

Handlebars.
Haven't fitted the rear brake as my sprocket takes the place of the disc rotor. I'll need to get a sprocket adaptor so I can add both sprocket and rotor.

Seat.
Im wondering if i'll develope a flame pattern on my butt sitting on this for any length of time.

I also added my gold braided brake cable and rigged up my 2 into 1 front brake(s) pull system. I had already made a caliper bracket that holds the left caliper at the bottom but after buying 203 gold buzzsaw rotors the caliper didn't fit. I made up another bracket that holds the caliper on top. Not sure if I like the brake sitting like that (to much cable sticking out, and pulling the wrong way) I may make another bracket and change it back to the bottom.

Left Brake Before...

Left Brake (temp) After...

All the wiring (Throttle/brake light cable(s)/front light) are sitting a little haphazard at the moment as with adding the higher bars i'll need to extend all the cables.
I cant get a chance to test ride as theres still hard packed icey snow in my area

Regards
Tom