View Single Post
Old 05-26-11, 03:11 PM
slow chevy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My bike.. nothing special like anything here. I got it when I was 13 or 14 and rode the hell out of it before I got my license at 16 and took the wheels off and put it in the attic of the garage. Got back into biking to lose weight (22 now) and it when new, looked like this:

And here's how it sits now :

Mods I did when I was younger..

JensonUSA rhynolite/deore disc wheelset
Bontrager Jones tires
Hayes HMX/1 F/R
Deore XT rear derailleur
Deore hollowtech crankset
Easton EA50 handlebar
Deore LX Rapidfire/brake lever combo
Profile? Bar ends
Bell xenon headlamp

New stuff as of the past few weeks..
2 bottle cages
Trek 3-LED tail lamp (old 90's stuff, stepdad didn't want it and told me I could have it)
Trek seat pack with complete toolset, glueless patches, etc etc (stepdad gave that to me as well)
Trek micro tire pump (same with the last two things)
350? MM 27.2 off brand cheapie heavy duty seat post

The only original parts on the bike are the forks (cheap junk, never got around to replacing / upgrading) , front derailleur , handlebar stem.

I'd LIKE to upgrade to newer LX or XT shift/brake combo, f/r derailleurs, and a nice cable set. Been LOVING the bike since I got back into riding.

Here it is out on the Glacial-Drumlin Trail just west of Waukesha, WI.

The good part of upgrading this bike when I was younger was that I had a decent amount of new parts, and literally a few weeks after I got done with the Mongoose, I found a '95 Trek 830 in the garbage. This was some time in 2004. I completely brought all the paint down to bare metal, repainted, and restored this bike using the wheelset, crankset, handlebars, etc. that I took off the Mongoose. I don't even remember what I had to buy NEW but it was VERY LITTLE from what I remember. Here's the bike on the road tire setup:

And here it is on some Tioga Psycho's on the original wheel set (currently on, GF uses this bike when she rides with me in the woods around here)