SpongeDad
Overacting because I can

Bikes: Merlin Agilis, Trek 1500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grolby

Well, give yourself a cookie! You suspect! But do you actually know anything? No.

Look, I don't mean any offense, but both of you sound to me as though you have an idea in your head about how much a product like this SHOULD cost, and how much work and engineering goes into it, and your speculations are about justifying why the cost is too high for what it is, rather than thinking about why it might actually make sense, right now, for it to cost that much - and why everything that isn't a PowerTap hub also costs at least that much. Let's add another line of evidence that I mentioned in my post: development time. First, it was in development hell at Metrigear for close to a year past its expected release date. Then Garmin bought it, it's now 8 or 9 months after that, and by the time it's released - assuming that it is released on time - it will have spent an additional year under development at Garmin, which is not exactly short on resources or engineering talent.

Why are people so unwilling to believe that products like this are hard and expensive to develop? It boggles the mind.
1. If you don't mean to give offense, don't be snotty.
2. If you are going to be snotty, at least read what I wrote - nothing about development costs, or how hard and expensive it was to develop.
3. If you think product launch pricing is driven more by how hard it was to develop something than by competitor pricing, estimates of how much market share can be taken and how any given price combination maximizes profit, well, you're an idiot. Not that I mean to give offense, you ******.

"I am a courageous cyclist." (SpongeDad)