Old 09-03-11, 09:09 AM
sherbornpeddler

Bikes: 3 speeds, mountain, road and recumbent

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
Cool! You were talking about trying that last year, as I recall. Safe journey home this afternoon.

Good to hear!

The ride into work this morning was superb, or in Suntour-speak superbe! I'm going to run out of adjectives before September is done.

Edit in the evening: The afternoon's ride was indeed quite...help, I've run out of superlatives! Except for one thing. A few days ago I re-positioned and re-tensioned the old French leather saddle I'm still riding on my '72 UO8 commuter. It's mounted on a Simplex alloy seatpost, the kind with two transverse bolts to clamp it in place. I got about 2 miles from Attleboro and hit a bump and the rear of the saddle slid down. I tried re-positioning it but without a 12mm wrench I couldn't move it. Of course that made the saddle a threat my various personal male-defining components so I had to do the remaining 2 miles standing on the pedals. Every day's an adventure.
Chainskid Muller,
You are inventive, resolute and a romantic! Pedal standing or not your perspective is a pleasure to read and please don't run out of superlatives.

BTW, my return ride north to Hudson, NH was shorter because I rode up Rt 126 through Natick, Wayland, Lincoln to Concord during pre traffic hours. I found Westford/West Street over through Carlisle (from your Cow Tunnel ride routing) and hopped on the Bruce Freeman. I did notice Mammouth Rd north out of Lowell is uphill and Keyes Hill into Hudson is hillish before breakfast. It was a great ride.