Old 09-04-11, 04:50 PM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Bottom Line...How much weight did you lose cycling this year?

Don't have big miles under my belt this year but decided to try an experiment and ramp up my miles and see if I could drop some more weight. Big help from local trail being paved so now I could get out and do a quick 30 miles without putting my bike in my car.

Anybody get weight obsessed riding this year? When I was younger, weight was never an issue. I was a skinny and active kid. Gradually into my forties I started to gain a bit. I've never been fat and always been active but pounds started to slowly accumulate. About 6 years ago I got down to 178 lbs and was riding a lot. I am just over 6' feet tall and my family thought I was anorexic of course and you all have heard those comments before from people 30 lbs overweight...which is complete BS if not jealousy. I was 197 lbs coming out of winter as I never do a lot of cardio during the winter...ridiculously cold winter last year to ride and I hate riding a trainer inside.

I started to ride hard 30 miles everyday and the pounds started coming off. I am down to 185 lbs without being too careful about what I eat which is one of the nice benefits of riding.
So I lost about 10 lbs.
How 'bout you guys?