Old 09-22-11, 06:26 AM
NewFuji

Bikes: Fuji

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets
A new fork with a 1 1/8" steerer will work just fine with that bike. Only tube work required will be chopping the steerer. Don't chop it all the way down though. I like to leave a couple centimeters of spacers on there.

I'm guessing Acera crank won't work cuz it's Octomom and I bet your BB is square taper. I wouldn't bother with crank swap at the moment personally, that Acera's a downgrade. Your mid ring is on its way out, but it's not totally wasted so just be a man and stay in the big ring all the time. Then swap cranks when you've chewed up the big ring as much as that mid ring. I'm only half joking there, I really would keep rolling that crank and just try to stay out of the mid.

Probably easiest to get a new BB and crank at the same time.
Yea, I only stay on the big ring (mainly using this bike as a commuter). Then on 5-7 on the right. Just seems like it doesn't have the power of other bikes I've street cruised. My roommates old turd trek 3 series, I could of sworn that I would of been flying at that gear, but this one seems like you have to put all your energy just to go forward. Maybe a good lube would help, who knows.

So, as long as the fork is 1 1/8" steerer it'll work? Bike shop was talking something about threaded or thread less, and something about tube. Guy really didn't want to help me, just wanted to sell me a new bike. Guess that's his job though, so can't blame him.