Old 04-26-12, 04:44 PM
Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 97 Posts
I am very surprised to find a thread on Ron Cooper's frames, and thank you as these frames are incredible.

Today I rode mine and it is so stable and comfortable up the Berkeley Hills, over the year it was repainted twice and I had eyelets added and put on fenders for 23s the same color as the red frame--it is a true classique.

Several cyclists on my ride marveled at my bike, and it was a pleasure to show it off (only in a nice way)

Went to look for a serial number--but I could not find one--it is a Cinelli BB--I will keep looking--I bought the frame off the rack from Bicycle Odyssey in 82! Fits me lik
e a glove! I upgraded some of the components (clip less pedals, brake cables in handle bars, 9 speeds, Mavic Ksyrium Wheels, fizik saddle etc.)

When you ride a Cooper you are going to be in rare company as these may be one of the least common hand built bicycles out there although they certainly considered to be one of the very best.

Because Mr. Cooper has only recently taken on an assistant to help with the heavy lifting, you know that every Cooper is just that and that no-one else had a hand in building the frame and fork you are enjoying.

I am counting the days until I get my Cooper out for it's first ride of the spring... I have some new Michelin tyres mounted and ready for the road and despite their skinny high pressure nature they feel great under the bike.

Also have some tubulars in the works to run as a second set of wheels which should drop the bike into the sub 20 pound weight range.

Last edited by Sixty Fiver; 04-26-12 at 04:48 PM.