View Single Post
Old 04-26-12, 05:05 PM
dddd
Ride, Wrench, Swap, Race

Bikes: Cheltenham-Pedersen racer, Boulder F/S Paris-Roubaix, Varsity racer, '52 Christophe, '62 Continental, '92 Merckx, '75 Limongi, '76 Presto, '72 Gitane SC, '71 Schwinn SS, etc.

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1568 Post(s)
Liked 1,308 Times in 870 Posts
Thanks for the info on photosharing! I'll digest it and try to figure out what an image loader window is. I'm thinking that it's on the Flickr site perhaps?

Can I not use the quick reply window to post photos anymore?

I'm just pulling the image URL from the properties box from right-clicking on flickr's image, and tucking it between[img] and [/img]. That what used to work altho I don't know what the limits on resolution were.

I do sense that Coopers are special. The handling is different from a Masi GC I once owned, but is distinctive just as that Masi was.
It feels like when I steer the bike, it moves moves more laterally with not so much a sensation of actually changing direction. Maybe that's mostly just that the steering feels quick, but I'll have to put more miles on it.
I first need a new good supplier of indexing springs for the bike's 9sp Ergo levers, since the left shifter won't hold the big ring if I'm pedaling hard enough to flex the frame.
I've heard these springs are not being produced any more, seriously, and will want to stock up!

I've come across enough repainted Coopers to realize that these bikes got real use and were special enough to justify a serious refurb, moreso it seems than with most other brands.
I'm hoping to give my Holdsworth a rest this summer and finally put a couple of thousand miles on this Cooper.
And thanks to Joe Englert for bringing this one in from way out of town.