KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked 346 Times in 175 Posts
Originally Posted by newkie
WTF? The QL-3 system rocks! What rack do you have? I have a Topeak rack and have had the bag for a year. I haven't had to make any adjustments at all. When the bag clicks on it is absolutely solid. Not sure what you're doing wrong but maybe have another look to make sure you've attached it right.

As for the shoulder strap, leave it attached! I just place it inside the bag and close the lid. Look where I live, I haven't had any problems riding in the rain doing it this way.
FYI - your response was fairly rude, though probably unintentionally so. I showed pretty detailed photos of what I did, and it was done properly. The truth is that those mounting clasps suck and when I initially set it up, tensioning it lightly broke one of the clasps internal stops. It shifts if there is any substantial weight in the bag. The lower brace provides no support and the adaptability of the system was poor.

I have it latched to a blackburn. I use the commuter backpack and I find the system inconvenient...every time I unhook the bag from the skeleton, I have to pull the straps out and attach.