Old 07-22-12, 11:01 PM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Bacciagalupe
I tried to use this route from Jersey City over to Newark, and it sucked ass.

The route is, to put it mildly, very poorly marked. You have to go into an obscure corner of Lincoln Park, find a hole in a fence, and cross a bridge. That's as far as I got, since it looked like a busy highway without a dedicated bike path up ahead.

Seems to me that the far more rational thing to do is take the PATH train from Jersey City to Newark.
You are right that you have to go through an obscure corner in Lincoln Park, a fence to cross two bridges. The dedicated bike path is up ahead and protected. In fact, it's quite safe, I did it the other day with no problems. I did not have to ride on the road and it's not until you get to the second bridge to Newark that you encounter issues.

I'll admit, I was scared the first time doing it but not anymore. I could not recommend doing it at night since you do have to walk down those stairs and they are dangerous. Plus you also have to ride an empty truck route into Newark and go under the Turnpike that's dark. At night, I would use Path for sure.

However, try it again. I was breath taken at the bridges.