Axiom
Fat Cyclist

Bikes: '11 Cannondale SuperSix Dura-Ace

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Short answer: Carbohydrates
Long Answer: Bread, Dorito's, Coca-Cola, fried foods, pastries, milk, cereal, candy, ice cream, pizza, pasta, PB & J, sweet tea, etc.

Am I tempted? Physically? No. Mentally? Yes. Late at night I might dwell on some of the mind night snacks I used to eat and I get minor cravings, but nothing strong enough to get me to cheat. All I have to do is think about how much effort I have put in, which deters me from eating any of that garbage. When I first started my weight loss journey I failed many diets due to lack of willpower. I would always quit because I told myself I can eat those 'delicious' treats in moderation.

I then decided to cut out certain things one week at a time, the first being sugary drinks, followed by fried food then sweets. I could follow this and allow myself on cheat day for every 5 pounds than I lose (every 10 days or so) to keep from hitting a plateau and to reward myself for all the hard work I've put in. This is a great long term option (in my opinion) but I wanted the weight to come off faster so I switched to Atkins.