Old 09-02-12, 09:17 AM
SlowNeasy

Bikes: new Trek3700,Experianced Raleigh500RT.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A co-worker of mine back in the 70s did just this. His father in his 80s no longer recognized traffic signals or even curbs. Had several accidents and kept driving. Friend went to the State of Fl. and after several affidavits and hearings the Father's DL was revoked Lic.Tags pulled. Old man was pretty upset didn't speak to son for a long while. Friend said' that's allright ,Pop isn't going to get killed of kill someone'.
This was an extreme case, and the friend was an Officer who saw and got reports of the old guys driving.
But is this really a big problem or are our younger riders just angry at old people?
At least from what I see , I get menaced by young and middle aged drivers a lot more than elderly ones and that's in Fl. where there are lots of seniors. How do we test for that.
Sure teenage drivers have better vision and lightning reflexes. So why does if seem they are the last ones to see the accident/blue lights ahead, or the Officer out in the street directing traffic?
Why do the insurance companies charge the young driver more for insurance ?
So if we are going to go after groups of people, who are the most dangerous? Let's get them!