View Single Post
Old 02-18-13, 02:25 AM
jtwilson

Bikes: CAAD10

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evan938
my buddy rode all last summer with nothing. i don't think he even carried a cell phone, let alone even a spare tube, levers, etc

finally about a month or so ago, he got all the stuff he should carry. flat repair kit, etc. few weeks later, flatted. went to swap it out, spare tube had a hole. LOL. called his wife to come pick him up, pretty sure she had to load all 5 kids in the van to do so (newborn - 9 yrs)

6 of us ran across a guy riding solo end of last year, october maybe, about 10 miles into our ride. carrying his rear wheel, and holding the bike walking it. wasnt sure why he just didnt walk it with the rear wheel on, as it'd roll with a flat, but he wasnt riding it.

we stopped to help him, he had tube, co2, but no levers. lol. we helped him get it changed and he asked us if we were gonna get lunch after. we kinda just said no, he went along changing it, got done, and again asked us about lunch, and told us he owned City BBQ here in columbus. we asked which one, and he said "all of them". said we could go in and get whatever we wanted on him for helping, and just to let him know which one we wanted to go to. we determined the closest one to our start point, 5 of us went in afterwards, he wasn't lying. we ate like kings. it was great.

there's also a new joke when we're riding and someone is off the road, obviously we ask "you ok?" and when they say yes and we pass them, we say "eh, he/she didnt look like a restaurant owner anyways, no need to stop"...hahahah
Hah! Good story. Columbus is my home town. Cool to hear that City BBQ's owner is a rider.