Old 03-18-13, 03:56 AM
Taxi Rob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Back to the show-and-tell...

This one is an Asahi Palisade, Tange Infinity MTB tubing, bought as a bare frame to build up as a commuter/tourer for small riders. Two sets of eyelets front and back, low 27" standover with those Ritchey 26x1.4" tires. I ran RSX 3x7 brifters at the request of my buddy who bought it from me for his gf, who soon went her own way, miraculously LEAVING THE BIKE BEHIND. So now it's fodder for the for sale/trade thread, wink wink... Check out the Sugino 152mm crankset, I thought the crank arms should be proportional to the rider. They're available in a bunch of other sizes, and Origin8 is making shorter crankarms for doubles these days, too.

Oh yeah, and while I have this one cued up in my frontal lobe, I've read in this thread that Gary bars do not accept bar ends. During my first buildup of this bike, the narrow 38cm non-ergo bars didn't either. That is, until I bought a brand new set of pods that hadn't been used in larger diameter bars, so the wedges hadn't been deformed yet. These drops are of an especially thick walled tubing, so the ID is way less than any drop bars I've ever seen, yet the brand new SL-BS50 pods slid right in where a used set wouldn't. I'm going to try them on some Garys at the LBS and get back to you with my results,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
0314131808.jpg (85.9 KB, 2200 views)

Last edited by Taxi Rob; 03-18-13 at 04:12 AM.