Old 03-27-13, 12:48 PM
bro

Bikes: Bridgestone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by macbethpoe
Thanks for the info, looks like its in really good shape, can't wait to see it finished.
thanks! yeah man, same here.

hah, its actually pretty scratched up and the seatpost clamp is cracked.

i plugged the holes and gave it a hot water/bar soap/washcloth bath though(thats when my fork decals faded, i wasnt rubbing on them necessarily - just some soapy water got on them and when i wiped it the color came off), and thoroughly dried it and oiled the raw metal parts lightly. it used to be super dirty.

im going to put the pedals, clips, cranks, seatpost and saddle ill be using on the bike and wear the thinnest-soled shoes i own/wear often, get the height and straightness perfect using a quick release seatpost binder with big washers and rubber gaskets, mark the post with a super fine black marker, then JB weld the **** out of the post and a new regular binder bolt, and tighten it reasonably tight without making the crack worse. should work. i weigh like 160.

i dont have the money or a trustworthy welder/brazer to try and actually fix the seat lug clamp. and then i dont have the money or know anyone to have it powder coated. this was supposed to be a cheap build but it ended up being really expensive(to me)

Last edited by bro; 03-27-13 at 12:57 PM.