Old 04-08-13, 10:12 AM
mainstreetexile 
rain dog

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by neo_pop_71
I know some of you C&V purists are going to hate on me for running v-brakes but I was really striving for 100% recycled components on this build, when I found the unopened World Class V-Dapter from the 90's, I knew my brake issues were resolved. I don't have any nice canti brake sets left. Obviously I ran a drop bar and would need some levers but the idea of spending $25.00 on some new Tektro road to v-brake levers really bugged me since I only spent 10 bucks on the bike! I broke down and spent $9.72 at my LBS today for new housing and cables... c'mon man I can splurge on something!-D-
I've been thinking about swapping out the rear high-profile deerhead brakes on my cimarron to something a little more compact since they rub some rear panniers if I have them mounted on the rack. I had to adjust the mounts on my ortlieb panniers all the way to the rear to avoid the rubbing, but I wasn't comfortable running them that far back.

I was thinking about v-brakes, but I think mini v-brakes may even allow you to use the existing road levers without a travel agent. Not sure what the downside is with mini-v's though (less clearance)?