chipcom 
Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lostarchitect
The thing I'm curious about here--and yes, I did sign up to be a tester--is aren't these saddles being released for sale in June? If so, why is the test period only a month before that? If there turns out to be some issues, are they going to re-tool the saddles in time? I dunno. I'd assume they WANT you to post about it here and on your blog and whatnot--it's cheap (the cost of 150 saddles) publicity, right? Anyway, it sounds fun, regardless. Good luck with the testing! Maybe I'll get selected in the last 50 people, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Think of it as a beta test with marketing benefits. I can tell you that the Imperial saddle they released is a bit different than the one I tested...not to mention that there are now also different versions of the Imperial as well - at least part of that can be attributed to the input of beta testers. There can and probably will be similar changes to the Cambium based on testing input as well. Unlike the general public, testers are required to provide structured feedback, which not only identifies potential issues, but can be used as a baseline when input from the general public is received by customer service.

From the marketing angle, some of that feedback is used for marketing testimonials.
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey