Old 06-08-13, 02:15 PM
Bekologist
totally louche

Bikes: the ever shifting stable loaded with comfortable road bikes and city and winter bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by spare_wheel
You know bekologist, I've figured out that once the ad hominems and animated smilies come out you are trolling.
no, internet trolling is more your thing. like posting hysteric after hysteric in the advocacy section at Bike Forums how the sky is falling as Portland seeks to increase bicycling.

The city club is no more a 'cycling advocacy' group than 'the people for the american way', yet both groups sometimes focus on bicycling.

It's funny, too, because from my read of German cycling, there's still plenty of mandatory use facilities and roads bicycle traffic is prohibited from. from your little blog 'redemption'

With the traffic code change of 1998, bike paths were only mandatory to use if they were marked with a specific sign
--------------

Is this your ONLY tool in the toolbox?

What you call a bikeway close to the roadway, I call a door zone free bike lane in a road peppered with "bikes can use traffic lane" signs.
what, are you some kind of blunt, one size fits all infrastructuralist? A bikelane on every road? Rip out the Springwater trail, make everyone ride on the road instead?

And yes, this new "Munichista" infrastructure is perfectly correlated with a spike in mode share from ~8% to ~20% in just 5 years.
you should realize your posturing is extremely far fetched. what new infrastructure? A couple of new bikelanes, rip out a few cycletracks? how in the world have you determined minor changes in Munich's bike infrastructure has led to such a rise in cycling?

Last edited by Bekologist; 06-08-13 at 02:28 PM.