Old 06-09-13, 05:10 PM
Bekologist
totally louche

Bikes: the ever shifting stable loaded with comfortable road bikes and city and winter bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
the video from Davis shows a vastly different city than you're describing!!! your depiction of the sellwood never ceases to make me chuckle. i bet it gets laughs even from spare wheel!! but you do hit the nail on the head on what's changed davis from 25 percent ridership to, ohmygosh, seventeen percent....

Originally Posted by B Carfree
just another car-dominated suburb, which is what it has become.
exactly what everyone else points too as well- less people living in Davis with bike-able commutes, a lot of long distance commuting in california if you hadn't noticed. it's funny, those depictions of cycling in Davis sound markedly far fetched. if cycling has declined a few percent, how in the world were there EVER

For someone who was accustomed to seeing ten times that number,
ten times the number of bikes parked anywhere in Davis? Davis still moves about a sixth of it's commutes by bike.

Originally Posted by B. Carfree
If we refuse to even acknowledge that we once had it better, then I guess it's 1984 every year.
Wait, you're confusing Davis with Portland, which are both still doing gangbusters in the bicycling departments, despite your belief they've suffered major setbacks in bikeability.

Surely, you're not suggesting cyclists had it better in portland in 1984 than today? that would be fantastical.

What did you think about the much more important PDX bike report put forth last week by the actual Bicycling advocacy group in Oregon?

Blueprint for World Class Cycling

Originally Posted by bicycle transportation alliance
Our vision for the Portland-Metro region is one where people of any age and any comfort level can use a bicycle to meet their daily transportation needs. Whether it’s riding to work, to the corner store, or simply going out for a recreational ride on the weekend, we need safe and accessible facilities in every community, in every neighborhood, and on every street in the region.

Last edited by Bekologist; 06-09-13 at 05:22 PM.