View Single Post
Old 06-27-13, 05:25 PM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked 804 Times in 511 Posts
Originally Posted by basset1
Yes, after skipping two days, I got out again today. For some reason, I still have a little fear of mounting and dismounting the bike, but less after today's ride. I went to the local park, and I did laps. The park is so safe and comfortable, and while laps were a little boring, it was great to watch all the sports enthusiasts training and playing. I did ten laps which was about six miles, average 8.5 mph and spent 44 minutes in the saddle. So this is data that I am going to use to improve my performance. The park is close, and doing laps will be a good plan, so I won't feel so guilty about leaving the hounds when Sis is away. All baby steps, and my knees hurt a little, but I am trying other exercises as well to build up the entire body, lose weight, and be a positive spirit on the planet.

Happy riding to all.

The knees will let me know if I go out tomorrow, but I want to do more laps again.

No fear.

Jackie
You are using the easier gearing so as not to put excessive pressure on your knees, I hope.

Tuesday was a short 31 miles on the Grocery Grabber. Before the ride I put some 105 SPD-SL pedals on, much help.

Today was another GG bike ride. 5 miles riding to meet the group, 41 interesting miles averaging 20mph then 15 more miles with the detours on the way back home. Weighed the GG before heading out, 33 pounds with 65psi-26 X 1 3/8 tires, shock forks, fat spring seat with spring loaded seat post, 6" rise steel handlebars and 7 speeds. Only cost $99.95 at Target 11 years ago. Such a deal. Tomorrow will be 1 week since Thyroid surgery and no riding.

Last edited by OldTryGuy; 06-29-13 at 03:13 PM.