View Single Post
Old 08-05-13, 07:12 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1223 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Nice story, Rod.

I wish that all you may never have a commute home like mine this evening.

Oh, the bike ride portion was awesome. As on the ride in this morning, the air had a nip of autumn, traffic was courteous as usual, the bike performed wonderfully, and my legs felt strong. If my boss hadn't come by to talk about somethingorother just as I was about to depart I wouldn't have had to ride so hard, but what the heck, that's wasn't a problem and it wasn't the first time.

The part I wish you never have was the train ride. Only two people occupied that end of that car, a raving lunatic/admitted loonie/alcoholic/druggie ("Yeah I'm crazy, I'm 57 and I hate life...I hate life on earth... God made package stores for people who can't stand life ... I just spent 8 days sober and just gotta' get back home 'cuz I gotta' go nuts every so often, you know...I had this friend, they found him in Florida tied to a tree with 7 blasts from a shotgun in him...I gonna' get a bunch of C clamp and put them on the rails and watch as the Acela comes by, just kidding, I like people, I hate this life...[I left out all the f words]") and me, and the Masi of course. Then the train stopped because the Amtrak train ahead of us "broke down" and we had link up to it and push it. I spent 1hr20min with this guy. Fortunately he was easily distracted. When we finally disembarked the conductor apologized.