Old 08-16-13, 09:06 AM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 954 Post(s)
Liked 2,061 Times in 586 Posts
Originally Posted by MickeyMaguire
After seeing this question, I went ahead and bought a new Canon G1X camera to stick in a bike bag. I don't have any pictures of me on a bike from childhood, from club rides or races. In fact, I don't have pictures of any bikes from "back in the day" at all. I do have pictures of a Giant Yukon I owned about ten years ago. I have a couple different shots of a Fuji road bike, and my new Fuji Absolute2, and the cheap-o Nishiki I bought from Dick's Sporting Goods when I decided to try riding again after beating colon cancer. I've been a professional musician for years and I don't have all that many shots from performances or studio work. I guess I have always been the guy behind the camera.
I had a similar experience. I spent a lot of my time taking landscapes and strangers. Almost no pictures of my friends or myself. And that really sux, because pix like that are like investments. They don't seem like much when they're taken, but they become priceless with time. I got a simple pocket camera and that all changed.

Looking forward some good stuff from your new G1X!

PS: Congrats at beating colon cancer too.